• #0001 Limited edition launch patch (only 200 available)

Grab a limited edition patch and use code AMERICA24 for 20% off all merch

Grab your patch

Rifle Scopes New Super Sniper from SWFA - Here

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    I have the two new scopes from SWFA in my hands, and as luck would have it, a Leupold on a Mk11 Mod0 broke today. So the 3X9 Mil / Mil FFP scope is going to be put through its paces over the next 7 days on this system.

Quote during zero: "way too easy"

more later,

Re: New Super Sniper from SWFA - Here

That's great for us. LL. I'm sure you will run it through the ringer and give a honest assessment.

I'm curious about how it performs. There has been so much buzz about them.

BTW, what happened to the Leupie?

how did it break, how do they ever break, churn & burn with great customer service. Before coming out one soldier said he had to take a butane flame to loosen the windage knob... failing to acknowledge they are resting on the past is part of the problem.

I don't take them apart, I just have to constantly work around the failures. 2 to 5 per each 20 I see, and that number is as close to fact as I can present it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how did it break, how do they ever break, churn & burn with great customer service. Before coming out one soldier said he had to take a butane flame to loosen the windage knob... failing to acknowledge they are resting on the past is part of the problem.

I don't take them apart, I just have to constantly work around the failures. 2 to 5 per each 20 I see, and that number is as close to fact as I can present it. </div></div>

Too much $$$$$ for a 10-25% POS Rate,think I just sold the last Leupy I will buy.At least for anything close to retail.

Yes -- FFP Mil / Mil 3-9X42 variable power... the other is a fixed 10X.

The 3-9X42 FFP Mil/Mil looks to retail around $600... standard Mil Dot Reticle. I think the Mk11 is a perfect platform to look at this scope, as it appears to be well suited for this type of role.

Hell Yea! Mine is landing any day now so the timing of this is awesome, if it survives LL and co it will certainly put up with me!

Rath

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sosicmcise</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On the milrad Super Sniper scopes, how many mils of elevation per revolution of the elevation turret? I can't seem to find that on the SWFA site. </div></div>

sosicmcise,

5 Mils per Rev...

Bob

Hey Rancid,

Mine should be here tomorrow, I see Mike Miller has called it "the best scope under $1000" he's ever used. I too am interested in LL take on it.

Rath

rath,

I like mine as well. It matches up well compared to IOR's 2.5-10x42MM FFP, and Leupold's 2.5-8x36MM SFP, which are in the same class of scopes as the SS 3-9x42mm.

I have mine on a Remmy 308 LTR, and it functions well in it's role as part-time paper puncher rig, and part-time hunting rifle.

DSCF0992.jpg

Bob

Scope has been awesome so far, the shooter is really enjoying it, class is still going on and the Super Sniper continues to march while others have not been so lucky.

Tonight we did a short night fire and the SS through a PVS 26 is outstanding, really beats the system's supplied scope by a wide margin, hands down heads and tails above what they are using.

Went to 1000 yards with it this morning and on the flat base of the Mk11 Mod 0 the scope had all the elevation necessary, about 11.2 mils, the scope topped at 11.8 if I recall correctly.

But its been trouble free and operating flawlessly for the class, 8 days of torture and nary a complaint

Ya, that is what they give them, 3-10X FFP M3 stuff, which the guys even liked the SS better, I had them check it out and give their opinion, the SS clearly won the night. (and the lower rings of the SS offset it really bad compared to the others, and still it was a better picture.

So far about 3 down this week, one hard core, two with annoying issues but enough to be dangerous operationally... bad enough when they get back they will have to be replaced, as they aren't holding zero, one even bouncing roughly 4 MOA every single day, at first he needs to add the 4 MOA & then if not that day , the next he has to remove it. Those with stripped screws don't do anyone any favors either.

The SS is smoking them easily if you ask me and them.

Mine landed about 1hrs ago and I'm impressed to say the least. I can't (won't
    smile.gif
    ) put mine through the level of abuse LL and crew will but there is no doubt this thing is good buying at $600.

I've have/had Mk4, Falcon, USO SN3 and a bunch of "hunting" scopes but none has left me with the feeling of snagging a bargain like this scope does.

Glass is very good (will have a chance to check it out under fading light later) knobs are precise and tactile and the scope feels generally well put together and solid.

Range time on the Steyr tomorrow should reveal if it tracks as it should.

In summary I could not be happier
    grin.gif

Rath

Can't wait to hear the final review! I love mine so far! If it stands up to the abuse in Frank's camp, I'm sure it will handle my hunting and range trips just fine
    smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have pics? </div></div>

Pictures of the Scope? Sure...with sunshade...

DSCF0977.jpg

DSCF0978.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J. A. Hamilton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the minimum parallax adjustment for these scopes? </div></div>

Fixed parallax set @ 150 yds.

Ya, it broke two days ago, and you have to remove it otherwise it risks locking the bolt in the buffer tube, so once it cracked we had to remove it.

We also broke a trigger, if you pulled it about 5X it would release and fire, made for an interesting night shoot.

Shit gets run hard.

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=365&KW=variable+super+sniper&PN=1

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=17763 REVIEW by optics expert Koshkin

The 16x isnt even in the same league - granted it is reliable and repeatable but the 3-9x42 and the new 10xHD both have far better glass. The 10x has a rear adjustable parallax but the 3-9 does not have an adjustable parallax. Im sure you have noticed that the depth of focus is rather precise on the 16x but with the 3-9 x42 its good to go always clear up close far off where ever its clear and sharp. The real beauty of the system is being able to use the mil dot reticle to measure and the 1/10 mil clicks to dial in when sighing in if you poke the first hole 2.7 mil dots high and 1.4 mildots right you dial in correction in mils and your next shot is in the X it's insanely easy I'v had my son in the Air Force ask me - Why arent all our scopes like this? This really is a best buy considering the price and the quality.

If its anything like the older SS's, a 300wm will be a walk in the park. I've had mine on an ultra mag, 7mag and now on one of the 308's, very reliable and repeatable scope.

Both the new SS scopes have been tested on an 8.5 lb unbraked .338 Lapua, so I am sure it would do fine on your 300 WM.

I have one of the new 10x HD scopes and optically it is very very good. I would call it pretty much equal to my IOR 3-18x. I was very very impressed with the glass. It is clear almost to the very edges, maybe 1mm or so it gets just s little bit of fuzz, but not even bad then.

For $800 I think it is going to be pretty tough to beat.