New Thermal Imager

toddacguy

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2005
Garland TX
I first had a chance to play with one of these units about 3 months ago and liked everthing about it the build and the function.
So i picked one up about a 1 month ago the detection is range is unbelievable.
My son and i went pig hunting this past weekend we were looking at some pigs around 1300-1400yds out.
The unit runs on (2) 123 they will run between 4and5hrs constant on .
It has a digital zoom ,black hot and white hot mode and bright control some have video out.
My video out is not hooked up at this time i was thinking about having them hook it up, it just takes more money .
Thermal025.jpg

Thermal024.jpg

Thermal020.jpg

Re: New Thermal Imager

I already have a a Fluke TI10 that works better for that it takes pics i tryed using it for hunting it back lights me real bad and the LCD screen goes bad around 38deg other than that it does great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jong</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is cheap for thermal!! </div></div>

+1 could you please pm me the dealer for these things?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opalvom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good price!! The handheld I use at work was $17,000. </div></div>

$17,000!! That is serious money. I hope it can tell you what the criminals had for lunch!

Sorry, but can someone please post some details on this, Make & Model, I am not getting anything but "Red Xs".

I have worked with thermals for 10+ years, and I would really like to see something in the 3k-4k price range that performs like that.

Thanks,
M Richardson

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: captrichardson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry, but can someone please post some details on this, Make & Model, I am not getting anything but "Red Xs".

I have worked with thermals for 10+ years, and I would really like to see something in the 3k-4k price range that performs like that.

Thanks,
M Richardson </div></div>

http://wolverinetechnologiesllc.com/Nigh...500-3600-units!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toddacguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I first had a chance to play with one of these units about 3 months ago and liked everything about it the build and the function.</div></div>

ToddACguy saw my own OMGIS 2500 handheld thermal imager several months ago (you can see mine in this thread; mine has an alternate lens with a different FOV than ToddACguy's unit, and the external power and video output options are fully functional).

In response to my thread seeking a custom cordura nylon pouch/field carrying case made for it, SH member SIERRAWHISKEY is helping me design one, which others may also eventually want for their own handheld thermal imager.

If anyone knows where to get one of these please PM me.
I've been looking for his email address for a while now.
I'm not a member of the board listed above. I did a search on AR15.Com and couldn't find where he was selling them.

pretty cool. what does the output (what you see) look like? All B&W image?

the only thermals i've ever used were on a Bradley.
smile.gif

Do they come with any type of warranty? Even if its a good price for the piece it would suck to have it go tits up right after you got it. (seems like they build them from other units that have been parted out?)

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but this only one I can find on the OMGIS thermal.
Also google'd it but no luck.

As I have no thermal experience, but have a chance to get one I am curious:
Can these be used behind/infront of or in compo with a scope/eotec??
Or are they purely an observation device?

Thanks,
_DT