New to me steyr ssg69

88GFY

Private
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2020
Milwaukee
I just purchased a steyr ssg69. It should be delivered locally in a few days.

I found a thread on the m14 forum with the same exact rifle by google searching “ssg69 16” as the barrel was chopped to 16”.

I was looking for a 16” Remington 700 sps tactical in 308 but I saw this and couldn’t pass it up for the price.

Here is the original thread on the m14 forum….hoping the original owner might also be on here

Looking for information on the metal Lower that allows aics mags and the macmillian stock

Attachments

• IMG_8391.png
    IMG_8391.png
    744.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_8394.png
    IMG_8394.png
    944.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_8395.png
    IMG_8395.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_8396.png
    IMG_8396.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_8397.png
    IMG_8397.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_8398.jpeg
    IMG_8398.jpeg
    578.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_8399.png
    IMG_8399.png
    993.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Love
Reactions: Terry Cross
Sweet little rig, I had a PII years ago, I love the action and trigger. I believe CDI made the bottom metal you are referring to. They occasionally pop up for sale but it is getting to be a pretty rare site. Maybe search it. I am sure there are some European manufacturers who have made similar.

For SSG69 AICS bottom metal, you have two options.

The first is Styria Arms, based in Austria. If you are in the US it will be about $450 (last I checked) after shipping, taxes and customs. These are supposed to be very nice units.

The second is Waters Rifleman in Australia. I have one of his SSG AICS bottom metals. It was a perfect drop in fit, finish is excellent. In order to get my AICS magazines to feed correctly using the Waters BM, I had to tune the mags' feedlips. Just be aware that you may have to tune your mags if you buy the Waters unit. I like having a metal trigger guard and magwell and AICS magazines for the Steyr, since I don't have to worry about them getting brittle and cracking.

Reactions: jbell and 88GFY
Was 1200 fair? I’ve seen prices all over. I understand the chopped barrel takes away from the value.
It is a hard market for that rifle, even if the barrel was not chopped. But if the bore is in good condition (they are difficult to rebarrel) then yes it is not a bad price for a classic rifle that has excellent accuracy potential when compared to what a factory Remington or Savage is going for these days.

Reactions: 88GFY