Reloading Equipment New to reloading, need large rifle primers. .303 British brass too, if you got it.

Daddyusmaximus

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
May 3, 2020
I waited too long to get into reloading. Ammo has long since dried up for .303 British, and I can't feed my No 4 Mk 1. Now, with all the panic, ALL ammo, and components, and reloading supplies have dried up. I have some bullets, powder, and brass (very few brass) but ZERO large rifle primers. They need not be the best, it's an 80+ year old rifle that shoots 2.25", and I'm new to this anyway, I'm just real low on .303 and I'd like to be able to keep her in action. Looking to get 500 primers, and maybe 100 or so brass. I can meet FTF if anyone is in NW Indiana. I'm a disabled VFW Commander with no civilian job, so plenty of free time. By the way, this is my hungry baby...

Attachments

• 1 Lee Enfield Battle Rifle on Princess Rock in sun.JPG
    1 Lee Enfield Battle Rifle on Princess Rock in sun.JPG
    495.2 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Reactions: camocorvette
Just realized, I need a scale too. I only have the Lee hand loader, and I ain't using that stupid little scoop.

Had a guy donate a set of dies to me a while back from another forum, but haven't found a press in stock anywhere... That's how bad it is... Not gonna worry about it either seeing as how no components are available anywhere.

Just realized, I need a scale too. I only have the Lee hand loader, and I ain't using that stupid little scoop.

Had a guy donate a set of dies to me a while back from another forum, but haven't found a press in stock anywhere... That's how bad it is... Not gonna worry about it either seeing as how no components are available anywhere.

FYI RCBS had presses on their website yesterday. They might still be in stock. I got one yesterday morning.

Not to be a dick but that kind of mentality is going to keep you ammoless. Press today maybe it’s other components in a week or so. Based upon the desperation of your initial post I’d recommend you buy what you can when you can.

Reactions: camocorvette
Like I said, not gonna worry about it right now. Not worth it to a new guy just getting into it when you can't get any components to go with...

Fair enough. I am in the same boat as you, can't find powder or primers. But having just bought everything anyway, there's no looking back. Signed up for notifications, and hopefully sometime in the near future can place an order.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Not to be a dick but that kind of mentality is going to keep you ammoless. Press today maybe it’s other components in a week or so. Based upon the desperation of your initial post I’d recommend you buy what you can when you can.
The thing is I've never reloaded before. Not sure I even can. I have a lot of nerve damage in my neck from when I got blowed up, and I don't do well holding small things well in my hands. That "desperation" in my initial post... well, it's just that. I can't find any .303 British ammo, so I'm looking to load up some to get buy for now. Some guys on the Lee Enfield pages, and forums have had good success loading with bullets, and powder from 7.62x54R rounds, so I got me a spam can of it. Just looking to use that stuff to get buy with for now. I'll probably have to get my son to do the loading for me.

I did have one guy PM me to sell 2 boxes of PPU, and another with some primers. The primer guy wanted the panic prices. Of course he through out a price he claimed to have gotten recently, then said he wanted ME to give him a price... I guess to make him feel better about price gouging, but I'm also living on VA disability, (with 2 kids in college) so my budget is small... I understand how capitalism works, supply & demand, and all, but me, being me, I'll sell the damn rifle, and what ammo I do have before I get taking by a scalper. I'm sure there are reloaders out there sitting on tens of thousands of everything...

The thing is I've never reloaded before. Not sure I even can. I have a lot of nerve damage in my neck from when I got blowed up, and I don't do well holding small things well in my hands. That "desperation" in my initial post... well, it's just that. I can't find any .303 British ammo, so I'm looking to load up some to get buy for now. Some guys on the Lee Enfield pages, and forums have had good success loading with bullets, and powder from 7.62x54R rounds, so I got me a spam can of it. Just looking to use that stuff to get buy with for now. I'll probably have to get my son to do the loading for me.

I did have one guy PM me to sell 2 boxes of PPU, and another with some primers. The primer guy wanted the panic prices. Of course he through out a price he claimed to have gotten recently, then said he wanted ME to give him a price... I guess to make him feel better about price gouging, but I'm also living on VA disability, (with 2 kids in college) so my budget is small... I understand how capitalism works, supply & demand, and all, but me, being me, I'll sell the damn rifle, and what ammo I do have before I get taking by a scalper. I'm sure there are reloaders out there sitting on tens of thousands of everything...

All you can do is try right? Worse case you’ve got equipment ready for your son to load. I also understand where you’re coming from. The best I can anyway and I meant no disrespect from my prior post. Wish you the best.