• We're live!

We've got the homepage updated and subscriptions are now managed through HideTV. If you run into any bugs please contact @alexj-12 or use our contact form for help!

ENTER HIDETV VIEW THREAD

Precision Rifle Gear New Warne Skyline Pro bipod

Why are so many going to the trouble to design new bipods and they are still putting the final stock position so high above the leg apex geometry?
Just like with tripod mounted rifles, the higher the gun is above the apex, the less sturdy it is.

I'm sure that they are worried about trying to keep it narrow, etc. but going to all the other trouble of designing good legs and base features only to have the rifle so high above doesn't seem like a good trade off.

Reactions: XLR308
Quick off the cuff impressions..
The legs are quick deploy from closed to 90 degrees. You can easily slap them down. If you flip the bipod around you have 45 and 90. There is slop/play in the bipod. The legs are geared so they splay at the same time. So far it seems “stable” while prone. Obviously I need to shoot with it. There is some give or flex to the legs when you set it down on the ground with the weight of the rifle.
The bipod tips the scale at 20.5 oz as configured. What I don’t like so far is the cant lock. Even when tightened if you cant the rifle left and right you can watch the lock knob loosen itself.
IMG_3099.jpeg

IMG_3106.jpeg

IMG_3103.jpeg

IMG_3102.jpeg

Last edited:
Quick off the cuff impressions..
The legs are quick deploy from closed to 90 degrees. You can easily slap them down. If you flip the bipod around you have 45 and 90. There is slop/play in the bipod. The legs are geared so they splay at the same time. So far it seems “stable” while prone. Obviously I need to shoot with it. There is some give or flex to the legs when you set it down on the ground with the weight of the rifle.
The bipod tips the scale at 20.5 oz as configured. What I don’t like so far is the cant lock. Even when tightened if you cant the rifle left and right you can watch the lock knob loosen itself.
View attachment 8450554
View attachment 8450555
View attachment 8450556
View attachment 8450557

Someone on Facebook mentioned the cant issue and Warne said this:

“Sorry about the tension not locking. Please try snugging up the screw that runs through the middle of it.”

Reactions: 021411
Why are so many going to the trouble to design new bipods and they are still putting the final stock position so high above the leg apex geometry?
Just like with tripod mounted rifles, the higher the gun is above the apex, the less sturdy it is.

I'm sure that they are worried about trying to keep it narrow, etc. but going to all the other trouble of designing good legs and base features only to have the rifle so high above doesn't seem like a good trade off.
I have wondered about that as well and I'm sure I'm not the only one that has had the idea of why not make a two piece bipod that attaches via M loc or pic rail that puts it up near the centerline of the barrel.
It always seemed like a good idea to me.

Reactions: Terry Cross