• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

New Winchester 52D

Calfed

Private
Minuteman
Supporter
Dec 3, 2009
This has been quite a fruitful month for me with respect to Target .22 rifles.

In addition to a Remington 40XB, I also got this Winchester 52D. It is US marked and supposed to include the CMP certificate. Also came with a set of Redfield Olympic sights and a hand stop.

Stock is a little banged up, but the price was good.

Cvnx54J.jpg

MkxLndt.jpg

I’ve been down the same road! Lol
Purchased a super clean 52d from a young man that his father had passed and he was selling off his guns.
Only complaint I have on the 52 is the trigger is a little stiff. But man it is very accurate with RWS ammo.

So then I ran across a 40x for sale. Purchased it at another good price but found out it wasn’t in as good a shape as the 52. Accuracy was worse than poor.
40x went down the road. Found a gentleman that wanted the action to build a bench rifle off of. Sold him the whole rifle.

You can probably just remove from stock and dunk entire action in some solvent for 24-48 hours. Then flush throughly with break cleaner and apply light oil. No need to remove frim action.

If you don’t mind please post results.

Those 52D triggers are really sought after for installation on C repeater actions. Sterling reputation.

Thanks for the great idea, I’d rather not remove trigger if I don’t have to. We have gallons of naphtha at work so may try some of it instead of carb cleaner.

Yes sir I will post results.

Didn’t some of the early D rifles come with the C trigger?

You can probably just remove from stock and dunk entire action in some solvent for 24-48 hours. Then flush throughly with break cleaner and apply light oil. No need to remove frim action.

If you don’t mind please post results.

Those 52D triggers are really sought after for installation on C repeater actions. Sterling reputation.
Here are some pics of my trigger

Attachments

• IMG_5465.jpeg
    IMG_5465.jpeg
    547.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5466.jpeg
    IMG_5466.jpeg
    640.2 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: camocorvette