• What?! Patch #0002 is out now

Limited edition patch, only 50 made

Get your patch

Newer VS Older Zeiss Diascope T* FL 65mm Spotters...?

Wyzrd

Harder than a coffin nail
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2017
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    So I’m getting one of these spotting scopes because it fits my budget right now, has great FL glass, good FOV, and is relatively light weight for backpack hunts.

I’m curious what the differences are between the older models with the OD green scope bodies, and the newer models that are all black. I’ll be going with a fixed 30x WA eyepiece over the variable eyepiece. Also, if I got the newer black body Diascope, could I use an older Diascope eyepiece (marked Diascope T* FL 65mm 30x B WW- NOT marked with a D on it) with it reliably? As, will it lock in and I won’t have to worry about the eyepiece falling out during use? Not a lot of info online about the differences, and I know quite a few guys have experience with these spotters here.

Update for anybody that may be considering these particular spotters... so, I just got my spotter (newer black body with the older “B” marked 30x WA eyepiece) and the only differences as far as I can tell are:

-Focus knobs went from 2 separate knobs to one knob that has course and fine focus in the same knob.

-The older “B” marked eyepieces are compatible with the newer Diascope bodies, but they can not be locked in like the “D” marked eyepieces. They still are very secure when you twist them in, but the push button lock is only useable on the “D” marked eyepieces.

-Obviously the color of the spotter body went from the OD greenish color to all black.

These are definitely a top tier spotting scope and can be found for really good prices now-a-days. For anybody in need of a lighter weight spotting scope with amazing glass, big FOV, good eye relief, etc should definitely consider picking one of these up- (Zeiss Victory Diascope T* FL 65mm)

Reactions: gebhardt02