• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Next rifle in 6.5 PRC

Jcaplinger199

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2019
Arlington, TX
I am going to get a 6.5 PRC for my next rifle. It will be mostly a target rifle for prone long distance steel matches. I’ve wanted a GAP rifle for awhile. I’ve considered having a GAP range rifle built as I like the Manners PRS1T stock and it is a GAP labeled impact 737r. I’ve also considered getting a 6.5 PRC from Stuteville as I spoke to Wade and they have them in stock with CRB barrels. Haven’t heard much about CRB barrels though. I have a foundation stock on another rifle and they are awesome. I prefer stocks to chassis. A third option is GAP currently has a ready to ship Gladius that is basically their range rifle which checks all the boxes with a Bartlein MTU 1-7.7tw 24inch in a Manners PRS1T. However it’s a older gladius so it is a GAP labeled defiance tenacity. This concerns me being a discontinued action. I spoke to GAP about this and I was told they would stand behind the rifle but if I had an action specific issue like needing a new bolt or firing pin I would have to speak to defiance. I’ve never had a defiance action. Would y’all have reservations buying a new rifle built with a tenacity being that it is discontinued?

Last edited:
I am going to get a 6.5 PRC for my next rifle. It will be mostly a target rifle for prone long distance steel matches. I’ve wanted a GAP rifle for awhile. I’ve considered having a GAP range rifle built as I like the Manners PRS1T stock and it is a GAP labeled impact 737r. I’ve also considered getting a 6.5 PRC from Stuteville as I spoke to Wade and they have them in stock with CRB barrels. Haven’t heard much about CRB barrels though. I have a foundation stock on another rifle and they are awesome. I prefer stocks to chassis. A third option is GAP currently has a ready to ship Gladius that is basically their range rifle which checks all the boxes with a Bartlein MTU 1-7.7tw 24inch in a Manners PRS1T. However it’s a older gladius so it is a GAP labeled defiance tenacity. This concerns me being a discontinued action. I spoke to GAP about this and I was told they would stand behind the rifle but if I had an action specific issue like needing a new bolt or firing pin I would have to speak to defiance. I’ve never had a defiance action. Would y’all have reservations buying a new rifle built with a tenacity being that it is discontinued?
LOL! For a minute there felt like I was back working for the government! Been a while since I’ve seen so many acronyms in one communication! Knew long time government employees who could carry on a conversation in which every third word wasn’t a word but an acronym. The scary thing was that they completely understood what the other person was saying!