NF reticle for mile +

Tango down

Minuteman
Dec 2, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Hello
Considering the NF ATACR F1 5-25x56 and looking at 2 possible reticles, the Mil-C and the H59. Never used either one but I do have a H58 in a Mark 8 and a TMR/floating dot in a Mark 6, which kind of give me an idea. Would like the have members' input on what they believe would be a better reticle at a mile +... or is it a Dodge, Ford, Chevy question???

Hello
Considering the NF ATACR F1 5-25x56 and looking at 2 possible reticles, the Mil-C and the H59. Never used either one but I do have a H58 in a Mark 8 and a TMR/floating dot in a Mark 6, which kind of give me an idea. Would like the have members' input on what they believe would be a better reticle at a mile +... or is it a Dodge, Ford, Chevy question???

I have used both reticles. One is not going to make a mile shot harder than the other. They are both very good reticles, just very different. The H-59 is more usable in a tactical enviornment & obviously offers more useability for windage holds & more accurate and faster follow-up shots following a miss. My advice is until you actually use an H-59 in field use, go with the Mil-C especially if all you're going to be doing is target shooting. The H-59 could be harder to sell if you end up not liking it (fewer people seem to not like the "clutter" of it). Whereas the Mil-C is a hot item right now as most of the center dot reticles are currenty enjoying an uptick in popularity.

Reactions: lash
I have used both reticles. One is not going to make a mile shot harder than the other. They are both very good reticles, just very different. The H-59 is more usable in a tactical enviornment & obviously offers more useability for windage holds & more accurate and faster follow-up shots following a miss. My advice is until you actually use an H-59 in field use, go with the Mil-C especially if all you're going to be doing is target shooting. The H-59 could be harder to sell if you end up not liking it (fewer people seem to not like the "clutter" of it). Whereas the Mil-C is a hot item right now as most of the center dot reticles are currenty enjoying an uptick in popularity.
Fursniper, thanks for input. I did some more homework; the Mil-C looks like a great reticle and the .2 markings makes it very easy for elevation adjustments; sure it would do a fine job. Nevertheless, still leaning toward the H59, as I like the practicality of my H58 (.2 mils markings as well for elev. and wind.) and how fast and easier it allows for an accurate following shot. I had a concern about reticle thickness, so I checked specs sheets on the H58, H59 and Mil-C. The H58 has crosshairs of .055 mils, the H59 has a center dot of .05 mils and the Mil-C has a center dot of .05 mils as well, so not much difference on paper but the floating dot of the H59 and Mil-C does make a difference when looking at a target (in a good way), compared to the continuous crosshairs of the H58, as it does not obstruct it as much. Thanks again and good day to you!