• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Nice option for rimfire glass

These scopes have piqued my interest. I’ve been shooting the long range rimfire matches at peacemaker and have used the primary arms r-grid, a razor gen 2 ebr-2c, and an atacr 4-16 mil-c. I’m beginning to think that dialing for the closest target and using holdovers for the rest is the most efficient method for me. I’ve watched experienced shooters time out on stages from dialing for each target.

The six mils per rev is a little odd, but that’ll get a standard velocity 22 out to a little over 150. If this scope tracks accurately in its first rev, is reliable, and the reticle is true I’ll probably grab one for my comp gun.

The 6-24x50mm seems to be backordered through all suppliers. The first lot of the 6-24s sold out quickly. I was able to check both the MRad and MOA 6-24s out at the "Precision Rifle Expo" in September. The glass seems on a par with the PST Viper and the turrets are similar to the Gen 2 PST Viper and the Razors. It's a very impressive scope, especially for rimfire. The "street price" seems to be $499 and all the major suppliers will be offering them when they become available. Maybe before end of October?

I have the Diamondback Tacticle 4-12 on a Savage Mkll FSVR and love it. It tracks better than I can shoot. Glass is clear from edge to edge. I have the VMR1 reticle and really like it. It is not too busy but gives plenty of options.
I have a Boyd's AT-One stock with target inserts, DIP bottom metal, EGW 30moa pic rail and Weaver 6 screw xhigh rings in route. Will be putting all through it's pace as soon as all goodies arrive.

I just put a 4-16 on my 22LR trainer. I think the scope represents a good value but it isn’t a $1000 Viper PST. The glass is about what you would expect for the price range but should be good for the ranges you will be shooting a 22 out to. The turrets on the one I got are pretty mushy. I’m going to take them off and see if there is possible excess grease that is causing some of it. This is an issue that is common with the Athlon Argos. All and all it is a decent scope for the money and should be a good scope for a trainer. I do really like the reticle which is a big selling point of this scope. If I buy another scope for a trainer I’m not sure at this point if I will buy another one of these or possibly an Athlon Argos or possibly a Midas Tac.

The 6-24 MRAD has 19Mil of elevation, so 9.5 up and down or 32.6 MOA. Would it be possible to pair this scope with a 30 MOA Rail on a 22lr and still zero at 50 yards? Would it be cutting it close to running out of adjustment with that rail?

Looking at a potential build with a CZ 455 Tacticool, Area 419 30 MOA Rail and this scope. Would be nice to have the same reticle as my centerfire rifle.

The 6-24 MRAD has 19Mil of elevation, so 9.5 up and down or 32.6 MOA. Would it be possible to pair this scope with a 30 MOA Rail on a 22lr and still zero at 50 yards? Would it be cutting it close to running out of adjustment with that rail?

Looking at a potential build with a CZ 455 Tacticool, Area 419 30 MOA Rail and this scope. Would be nice to have the same reticle as my centerfire rifle.

I have found that a 30moa rail and a scope with 10mil down left me with about 2.5mils remaining below zero with a 50y zero.

Ive been very close to ordering the 4-16. Ive handled a couple in stores and while it looks like a lot of features for the money, all the models I handled had extra mushy turrets. Has anyone done a tracking test with one of these? I have a Gen 2 PST and while i didnt expect it to be the same turrets, I had hoped for better quality than what they felt like. The clicks felt pretty much like trash to me. If they track true then I will get over the garbage feel and still be very happy with it. Ive got a CZ 455 and a fat barreled 10/22 and want one for each rifle.

Ive been very close to ordering the 4-16. Ive handled a couple in stores and while it looks like a lot of features for the money, all the models I handled had extra mushy turrets. Has anyone done a tracking test with one of these? I have a Gen 2 PST and while i didnt expect it to be the same turrets, I had hoped for better quality than what they felt like. The clicks felt pretty much like trash to me. If they track true then I will get over the garbage feel and still be very happy with it. Ive got a CZ 455 and a fat barreled 10/22 and want one for each rifle.

That is my biggest complaint with the scope. The turrets feel really mushy and cheap. The turrets one the 3-9 and 4-12 are really nice though for the money though. I wish that had kept the same turrets on the FFP models. So far the tracking seems true though. I think if I buy another rimfire scope it may Be an Athlon Midas TAC.

I think I prefer the Argos BTR. You get a lot of scope for your money with the Athlons. I’m thinking about buying one of the Athlon Midas TAC’s for my 22lr and passing the Vortex Diamondback tactical down to my son for his 22. It seems to track really well so far I just don’t care for the turrets. The Midas Tac on the other hand has some really nice turrets and excellent glass for the price point.

Reactions: MDrimfirerookie
I think I prefer the Argos BTR. You get a lot of scope for your money with the Athlons. I’m thinking about buying one of the Athlon Midas TAC’s for my 22lr and passing the Vortex Diamondback tactical down to my son for his 22. It seems to track really well so far I just don’t care for the turrets. The Midas Tac on the other hand has some really nice turrets and excellent glass for the price point.

you won't regret it. i love my midas tac