• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Nice Reloading Record in PDF Format

PracticalTactical

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 13, 2019
I created a nice reloading record in PDF format that you guys are invited to share.

Feel free to offer suggestions below that might be used to improve the form.

You can download from this link.

Reloading Record in PDF

I designed the original version many moons ago and saved it on a floppy disk if that's an indication of how long ago that was... Anyway, I don't have any way to read the floppy so I had to re-create the entire document from scratch. AKA... Things to do while locked in the house due to Covid.

Last edited:
I created a nice reloading record in PDF format that you guys are invited to share.

Feel free to offer suggestions below that might be used to improve the form.

You can download from this link.

Reloading Record in PDF

I designed the original version many moons ago and saved it on a floppy disk if that's an indication of how long ago that was... Anyway, I don't have any way to read the floppy so I had to re-create the entire document from scratch. AKA... Things to do while locked in the house due to Covid.

Nothing for BTO measurement?

What's BTO stand for?

Base to Ogive?

How's this?

Reloading Record in PDF with BTO

Yes, BTO = Base to Ogive was my reference. But apparently I should have been more specific . . .

CBTO: Case Base To Ogive

BBTO: Bullet Base to Ogive

The ogive in your diagram would be the bottom part of your gauge on the bullet as shown in your illustration.

The only other thing (though I don't know how you'd fit it, or what use it might be) would be the bearing surface of a boat tail bullet.

This is an awesome idea. thank you. My .02

Screenshot_20201017-182221_Drive.jpg

1) The base to ogive should be flipped so the ogive of the bullet to the bottom of the case.

2) headspace is from the case shoulder to the case bottom. Also place to list what dia tool used as in .400 or .375 headspace guage.

Not sure how detailed you want to get in 1 sheet but I also take actual rifle chamber measurements and fired case measurements so I can know what bullet jammed and what headspace zero reference is. Not sure if thats something other people find relevant but I error on the more info is better and have a binder for each rifle I load for.

Reactions: PracticalTactical
This is nice. I’d recommend adjusting the CBTO as mentioned above which may be the same as your Gauge OAL?
Also a Base to lands measurement in the list would be good as you mention the rifle info.

Ok, but don't you zero the guage and take measurements from the same points? BTO is still the ogive of the bullet to the bottom of case. Headspace is still shoulder to bottom of case. Tool reference is the size of the orifice that you're using to measure at those points.