Rifle Scopes Nightforce Grid/Christmas tree Mil-C reticle?

There is a mil-c tree that will be coming out. In the everyday sniper podcast they mention it briefly.

@Billl223 can you post a pic? Would definitely be interested to see it. Only tree reticle I saw in the catalog was for the new 1-8 and 1-6 low power scopes.

Last edited:
Exclusive first look here: Available to stocking dealers on December 25th, 2018 :LOL:
mil-c tree copy.jpg

The Mil-C is very similar to the Mil-R with the exception that the subtensions are .2 for both vertical and horizontal and has a floating dot. Just had NF change the reticle in my ATACR F1 to Mil-C from Mil-R.

I think so but if he owns both he should be able to do as he pleases with both unless there is some kind of contract with others who having a working interest in Horus?

If they recognize a chunk of the market flocks to other tree reticles and abstains from Horus, it would be smart to do a MILC tree.

Reactions: 5RWill
I think so but if he owns both he should be able to do as he pleases with both unless there is some kind of contract with others who having a working interest in Horus?

If they recognize a chunk of the market flocks to other tree reticles and abstains from Horus, it would be smart to do a MILC tree.

I think he’s more referring to the fact that a lot of times it doesn’t make sense to compete with yourself.

The question would be, do enough people buy another top tier brand’s tree reticle because they don’t like any reticles (including Horus) that NF offers, and would they more than likely buy NF if there was a mil-c tree option.

If the answer is yes, it would make sense for them to develop an Mil-C tree. If the answer is no, it would be a poor business decision to release a tree reticle that competes with their own sister brand.

You also have to consider the negative feedback that could affect Horus reticle sales with other brands. Something to the effect of “well, if the sister company feels the need to create something different, then maybe I should think twice about this Horus reticle I was about to pay $300 more for.)

I love everything about NF except the lack of said tree reticle and not a huge fan of Horus. Basically why i went kahles across the board. If NF offers a mil C with a tree reticle at no extra cost. I think you’ll see the atacr everywhere in the competition sector.

Don’t they own Horus? They need to stop charging extra for a licensing fee they no longer have to pay. It would have to boost sales to have the only top tier optic offering Horus reticles at no extra cost. Then if they want to add a grid to the Mil-C, they can call it the Mil-CXT. XT = Xmas tree.

Lowlight-
Have you had an opportunity to see this reticle that you referenced in one of your early podcasts? Can you share an initial reaction to it?

Gridded Mil-C info please! I have not heard a thing more about this reticle since Frank's first mention of it in the podcast...I sure hope it materializes at the end of January!

Anybody...?

Reactions: TheMammoth