Nightforce Ultramount vs Unimount

white_rushin

Private
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2021
United States
I see that Nightforce sells two lines of one piece mounts. They have their Ultramount (looks like it was released a few years ago) and their “Ultralite” Unimount.

Is anyone aware of the differences between the two? It looks like both are compatible with their Multimount and dive board.

The Ultralite Unimount seems easier to find in local shops and at a better price.

Last edited:
I see that Nightforce sells two lines of one piece mounts. They have their Ultramount (looks like it was released a few years ago) and their “Ultralite” Unimount.

Is anyone aware of the differences between the two? It looks like both are compatible with their Multimount and dive board.

The Ultralite Unimount seems easier to find in local shops and at a better price.
Not sure of the differences between the two, but please remove the "looking to buy" piece of your post as it will get you in trouble. That request is not permitted in the regular forums and is reserved for the PX which requires a paid membership.

Reactions: white_rushin
The UltraMounts were made for military applications so the heights are more conducive to being used with thermals, NV, and laser/illuminators. It also has a more robust mounting interface with additional recoil lugs to engage the pic rail and different cross bolt nuts that can be tightened with a flat head.

The UniMounts are made from similar materials and they're excellent quality, they just lack additional recoil lugs, have a more svelt design IMO, and they're offered in more configurations to suit different needs. I have two UniMounts and they've performed very well over the years.

The UltraMounts were made for military applications so the heights are more conducive to being used with thermals, NV, and laser/illuminators. It also has a more robust mounting interface with additional recoil lugs to engage the pic rail and different cross bolt nuts that can be tightened with a flat head.

The UniMounts are made from similar materials and they're excellent quality, they just lack additional recoil lugs, have a more svelt design IMO, and they're offered in more configurations to suit different needs. I have two UniMounts and they've performed very well over the years.
Thank you! This was exactly the explanation I was hoping for. I recently picked up a 1.5” a Unimount for a great price at a local big box store. I’m happy with it for the application I’m using it for.

I do think the ultramount would be great to try out in the future for those extra features.

Do you think the 1.375” height on a Unimount is too low for a flattop AR15? I see 1.5” is pretty much the low end nowadays so it seems uncommon for NF to offer that height.

The 1.375" height is fine for a 30mm optic on a flat top. This is the 1.375" tall UniMount with a NF 2.5-10X24 and I've never had issues getting behind it or feeling like it was too low, even when I was running a NF 3.5-15X50.

1729197742270.png

Reactions: white_rushin
The 1.375" height is fine for a 30mm optic on a flat top. This is the 1.375" tall UniMount with a NF 2.5-10X24 and I've never had issues getting behind it or feeling like it was too low, even when I was running a NF 3.5-15X50.

View attachment 8526561
That looks pretty sharp. It’s interesting, I guess the 1.5 minimum doesn’t matter on a scopes/precision setup if you don’t have any BUIS! The optic I’d be pairing it with has a 42mm objective so hopefully it would clear it well

That looks pretty sharp. It’s interesting, I guess the 1.5 minimum doesn’t matter on a scopes/precision setup if you don’t have any BUIS! The optic I’d be pairing it with has a 42mm objective so hopefully it would clear it well
I have a 42mm objective with the 1.5" Unimount and it clears the pic rail just fine. I also have a 56mm objective optic with the 1.54" Ultramount and it also clears the pic rail just fine.

I used to have the 1.5” 20MOA UltraMount for my ATACR735. That thing was dead nuts on RTZ when removed/replaced. Once torqued, no shifting under 300PRC recoil or from bouncing around in a truck on dirt roads. Definitely worth it.

(Only reason I don’t have one anymore is because I now run a TT735)

I have tried a 1.3" mount in the past and it was just too low for me to get comfortably behind on my AR I go 1.5" now whether 56mm or 24mm objectives. That height is easier for me to get behind so OP you might want to try one first.

I use the 1.375" height with a Viper 3-15x44 on an LMT 308 and it's the perfect height for prone shooting. With a thin riser/pad on the stock, I can get comfortable behind the scope for extended periods of time. I've also fit a 5-25x50 on the same mount and still have enough clearance for a sunshade and lens cap.

If you're going to fit the gun to you with a cheek riser, I wouldn't worry too much about the difference between 1.375"and 1.54" heights.