Nightforce Unimount

Re: Nightforce Unimount

I have the Nightforce 20moa base and I'm using the 20moa Unimount on my 338Edge. I'm using a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 and in this configuration, I'm almost perfectly zeroed at 100 yards meters with the elevation turret bottomed out. I've shot out to 2200 yards and still have lots of elevation left.

Thanks Steelhead,
Been thinking of putting one onto my .284 win to get out to a 1500 yard comp that is comming up in a couple of months.
I have a 8-32x56 NXS to use on it and need the extra elevation to get on target.

Also looking at the Barrett pin lock rings with the adjustable rings that can get up to 40MOA from the rings. This could be going onto a 40 MOA base for use on my .375 Cheytac build.
I have some 350gn SMK's to use and would be interested to know how this set up might go.
Don't think I will be ablee to get a zero at 100m but should have an excellent maximum range.

Have you made any thought into the SPUHR Mount i have the 20MOA cantilever mount on my 260 Rem and Getting one for my Edge. Just a nice bit of kit.
House016800x600.jpg

Here is one on a Sako TRG-22. The Sako has a factory 0MOA rail glued and pinned to the action, so the easiest route to get some scope elevation was to go with a Nightforce 'High' (1.125") mount with 20 MOA elevation. Simple fix and it seems to work well even though I wish it put the scope a bit closer to the bore with the 50mm objective on the F1.

21e9f9j.jpg

Petey,
Interesting picture. I wonder why the cross bolt screws are so close together?
Looks like there is not much support with that seperation on the rail? With a big scope on a big kicking rifle that would put a lot of stress on those contact points.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wadcutter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder why the cross bolt screws are so close together?</div></div>

I'm pretty sure it's because the Unimount was designed for use on an AR-pattern rifle, which is an application where some shooters prefer a mounting position that places the scope well forward of the upper receiver rail. Placing the mount's crossbolts close to one another ensures maximum flexibility in selecting a position.