• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Nightforce vs Zeiss

FreddyFrees

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2010
I've been searching threads quite a bit and I can't find exactly what I'm looking for. I'm in the market for a new scope to put on my .50 cal that FINALLY came in. I plan on doing some 1000 yard plus shooting with it. I was looking at either Nightforce, Leupold, or Zeiss. Now I am leaning more towards just Zeiss or Nightforce. My question is; With distance shooting, does Zeiss have dependable repeatability and adjustments to constantly change? What benefits would I get for paying almost twice the money for a Nightforce? I'm looking at the 5.5-22x50 and 6.5-20x50.

Re: Nightforce vs Zeiss

The diavari models are very dependable but their adjustment range is not as much as what you will get out of the nightforce. The diavari can be had for around 2k and the nightforce can be had for around 1500 or so unless you can get one off of the hide used for a little less. The F1 model is around 2k also. In my opinion, the zeiss will have better glass then the nightforce and most other glass out there, but the repeatability and adjusment range of the nightforce is better. The nightforce has been used by many, many people and their reputation is great. Repeatable adjustments are a mainstay. I have a zeiss also but do not use it's adjustments all the time. I have not had problems with running out of adjustments on my diavari. On my conquest that I have on my 300 RUM, I have run out of down adjustment with a 20 moa rail on it. I am several inches high at 2oo yards but I do not ever use it for less distance than that. For around the same price as the zeiss, you can get very good condition used premier scopes out of the for sale section here and you can usually find some of the nightforce's for sale also as I stated before for less. I really like my premier but that is not really what you were asking about. Hope this helps

Thanks for the post. Thats the kind of information I was looking for. My biggest concern was repeatability and running out of adjustment... I think I might be leaning back toward the Nightforce. I might check out the Premier as well. Do you get pretty dependable repeatability out of that? How is the glass on the Premier? (I've never used a Premier)

i would use a zeiss hensoldt on a 50 cal, not a victory diavari or a conquest, definitely not a conquest . i've also used nightforce on them. i don't think you can go wrong wither way.

The Zeiss lenses are almost certainly going to be better and clearer than the NightForce, but thats the only aspect that I think the Zeiss has the NF beat in.

Have you noticed how alot of .50BMGs and .408Cheytacs tend to have Nightforce scopes mounted on them?

Theres a reason for this, and that is that they can take a beating and you shouldn't have to even wonder if your scope is holding up to the job.

Nightforce products are tried, tested and true.