• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Northern Utah tactical match UPDATED

snaglytooth

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 16, 2009
Francis, UT
I am going to be holding the first Park City Precision Rifle Match.

Already decided it will be Sunday May 30th.

It will start 8:30AM and hopefully finish no later than 2:00PM
60 rounds, most stages will be timed(just to keep things moving along) I will have three paper stages, and the rest will be steel with ranges from 100 to 700 yards. Most will be shot prone.

It will obviously be held in Park City right off Hwy 40. It is Private property so you must sign a liability release. I want to see how the first one goes, but there will likely be more.

MAP.png

Since I can't turn a profit on this we are asking for a $20 donation to the range for which you would get a shirt in return.

I have had such a great time in Las Vegas at Kurts match, and in Price with Clint. I just wanted to put something together that is alittle closer to home.
Sorry for posting this twice just wanted to get it out

Re: Northern Utah tactical match feeler

Course of fire will be a mixture of KYL, a couple of various distance steel shots, pool ball paper, paper hostage, one sitting distance steel, and a couple others.
My dad built a really neat KYL rack that I can't wait to use,

chubbles not sure on the western rope I don't know what that is?? If any one has any artistic tallent feel free to draw something up (if I use it you shoot free)! I want something big on the back and a small one on the front with the name on both sides??

Moroni Thanks for the interest! I will see you this weekend at your shoot in Idaho and good luck in Cali!

im somewhat handy with photoshop and illustrator...so ill send you some stuff. let me know if theres any other specifics youd like to see on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would be interested in future matchs I will be in CA May 30th at the TBRC but I would be in for any others

Tucker </div></div>

Wish I could be there. Will be at NorCal also.

It looks like there will be enough people to make this happen <span style="font-weight: bold"> </span> <span style="font-style: italic"> </span> May 30th <span style="font-style: italic"> </span> <span style="font-weight: bold"> </span>

8:30AM
I will post directions when it gets alittle closer.
Round count will be around 60
Have dope from 100-700
You will also want a mat or something to shoot off we will be down on the dirt. I will have some big tarps in front of us to keep the dust from kicking up.

I may try my hand at building a mover befor the match!! I have everthing just lacking the electrical switch wiring knowledge.

Sorry about holding it on a Sunday. One of the guys I shoot with is in retail sales and can usually only shoot sundays.

The next one I will schedule for a Saturday, vprtoad and GSSP you guys are great to shoot with.

I should be good to go for May 30th.

Is there any chance to come up to your range on a weekend before the 30th to check dope at that elevation....or at least make sure the zero is set?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea if anyone wants to come up and shoot we can set up a day.

Stickboy and I are going to try and shoot next Sunday, if anyone would like to join let me know. </div></div>

That would work for me....please keep me posted. Thanks!

It's not that we are ignoring the sabbath, in fact we are embracing it. It is the perfect day to celebrate and give thanks by offering up as many 168 gr projectiles and delivering them at 2600 fps too the threshold of our AR500 alter.
Good Bless America, "shooter ready".

Fud- welcome and hope to see you at the shoot.
I have had alot of local interest in this shoot. So I was thinking if you guys know for sure you want to be on the list let me know. I am going to cap it at 20ish shooters for the first one.
My dad and I have been building targets like crazy the last couple days, upgrading our old junk steel and finding out how expensive AR500 really is!!

If there are any stages you would like to shoot, let me know.

The range is looking good, got a berm built to get shooters elevated a little. The A frames for the steel are done, SNAG has some great COF laid out. It is going to be a great day. Someone that pays their Tithing regular, please see that the weather will be good.

I'm interested in future matches but will be at the Norcal match as well. If you are needing some steel I have a couple pieces from LV Steel I can donate for awhile. It's damn good to see the Wasatch front of Utah stepping into the practical rifle game!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was thinking of June 19th for the next one, but I am flexible. When are you thinking of doing the SIPR shoot? </div></div>

I'll get with Jay and let you know.

The tanorite mishap had some comedy involved to be sure. (yuckman) on ARFCOM... I RO'd for your event last summer.

looking forward to the new event.

Thanks jeepone I really appreciate the offer. If you decide to come up for a match we can incorporate your steel in a stage or two. Kurt makes some great stuff.

I may start a new thread or update the existing one with driving directions and more info.

Come on out DesertMonkey, I have been drooling over the rifles you have posted for sale over the months, would love to see what you shoot!

Fudwacked, things will be much more controled this go around!