• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Nosler rdf

140 sucks, never tried 130. I think I have about ~2000 rounds of RDF's sitting in my reloading room as overpriced paper weights.

RDF's = random damn flier.
I had good luck with the 140s . Was thinking about trying the 130s next. Unless you want to sell me the 140s you dont like

140 sucks, never tried 130. I think I have about ~2000 rounds of RDF's sitting in my reloading room as overpriced paper weights.

RDF's = random damn flier.

Shot my best 600 yard score using 140 rdf's. 594 22x...Every barrel is different and your milage may vary. I can push the 140 rdf's fast enough to keep em supersonic to 1800 yards here at 5000' elevation. It's my go to for 1000+ shooting as well. If they don't work I'll take em ?

Anyone have any luck with the 105 rdf? For 6mm

Nah, they don't get close to Berger hybrids nor VLDs. I've got 1000 of them sitting at home, sorted one 500 count box and ended up with 7 different weight sorted batches - lowest batch coming in at 104.50gr and the heaviest at 105.20gr - Way too much variation for a "competition bullet" and I use that term jokingly. 0.7gr might be suitable for Nosler but I know it's not for any competitive shooter worth their salt. A 100 count box of Berger VLDs showed 0.1gr weight variation in comparison and I've never bothered weight sorting Bergers as a result.

I just started testing the 105s in my dasher. I'm seating them pretty deep and the 3 pound xmark trigger really didnt help anything but all my groups from 1.836-1.901 using the hornady bullet comparator were right at a half inch. When I shot the 130s in my 6.5 creedmoor they also shot a half inch. I weight sorted mine because I bought blems and the weight variation was 104.6-105.2

I was jut about to buy a load of RDFs on sale, the .330 G7 sounded pretty nice. Maybe I'll just try 100 instead of 500.
You might get 200-300. When I first tried them I didnt know they liked to be seated pretty deep so it took me a out 120 or so to find my load. Probably didnt help my barrel was new and speeding up too. Knowing how they like to work now in 50 rounds of the 105s I found 4 seating depths that shoot right at a half inch and have decent sds

You might get 200-300. When I first tried them I didnt know they liked to be seated pretty deep so it took me a out 120 or so to find my load. Probably didnt help my barrel was new and speeding up too. Knowing how they like to work now in 50 rounds of the 105s I found 4 seating depths that shoot right at a half inch and have decent sds

You might want to try those 105 rdf's - "random damn flyers" at distance before you buy a bunch. Worst bullets I've ever used, they shoot decent at 100Y and horrible by 981Y, in my rifle.

You might want to try those 105 rdf's - "random damn flyers" at distance before you buy a bunch. Worst bullets I've ever used, they shoot decent at 100Y and horrible by 981Y, in my rifle.
I'm going to this weekend. But I had pretty good luck with the 130s after weight sorting so I'm sure these will be the same