• Frank's Lesson's Contest

We want to see your skills! Post a video between now and November 1st showing what you've learned from Frank's lessons and 3 people will be selected to win a free shirt. Good luck everyone!

Create a channel Learn more
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Suppressors Not sure what happened. Do you think Silencerco will fix it?

Dogsniper

Minuteman
  • Jul 25, 2014
    Wyoming
    44B2575C-C9DA-417E-BAE6-DDC9695AD5A9.jpeg

Isn't that endcap/brake replaceable? Are any of the interior baffles damaged?

To answer your question though, what others have said, call them and they'll help you out.

I know for certain that the endcap/brake is replaceable, it just unscrews. I am relatively certain that the can/baffles are "non-user serviceable", so it has to go back to SiCo. I have never seen anyone have any kind of a bitch about SiCo's service.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
    They will answer...it will get fixed...if I had to guess you will have it back within 10 days...

Switch to key mo way better system

Is that an omega or a hybrid?

Reactions: Wulf
    I switched to Area 419 Hellfire system myself as Keymo was a bit spendy. No regrets here. As to SiCo warranty their card even says they’ll warranty stupid once. Your good, just be patient as they are still behind on the summer promotion from last year and I’m sure they get non stop emails asking where people’s supressors are.

Same thing happens to me with the 5.56 flat end cap. Turns out it didn’t strike all the baffles, only the end cap which could have probably happened here from the look. Either way, call them and start the process. They’re really good about taking care of these and usually will have them back to you in about a week.

Reactions: AMP! and Dogsniper
    My buddy blew the entire can off (Omega), including the baffle stack recently. They fixed/replaced/repaired all of it. 2-3 week turn-around if I recall. No charge in his case.

He had no clue what happened, but he found them about 75 yards away. Baffle stack looked untouched except for the damage it took during its flight.

Reactions: Dogsniper
    Give silencerco a call, they will fix it right up.
    My opinion on the asr is that it works but you must keep any eye on it while shooting. Mine was never able to completely lock the teeth in, but it nevery backed off either.

I run an area 419 hell fire setup now, and I bought a Q plan B with mounts in both 1/2-28 and 5/8-24. I really like the plan B and it's cheaper than the area 419.

Had to be loose on the mount for the can to launch. Maybe there was a baffle strike, maybe the brake just cracked when it landed. I'd let them determine which, like others have said, their CS was always a strong point, in years past anyway. They were super cool when I had an issue, but that was before the BOGO.

I had a Spec-war with that same mount launch off my gun as well. It was the first shot of the day and I had just screwed the can on. The lock was still tight when I picked it up 25 yards in front of firing line. I have no idea how it happened as I've got a ton of rounds on that can prior and afterwards with no issues. It had a minor end cap strike like yours. I've been told they will fix an issue like this for free ONCE but if you do it again you might be paying. That's not from SiCo, but from one of their dealers. They took care of it pretty quick in my case.

If there are no baffle strikes, why send the can in? If you need it inspected, ok. But all they are only going to do is unscrew the brake end cap and screw a new one back on. Ive taken mine on and off dozens of times. They could just ship you a new end cap.

Well this blows. Good thing I’ve only got one ASR mount on one of my rifles. Seems me like if this happens a lot then there is a design flaw of some sort so why would they only fix this ones when it’s clearly something to do with their product?

Now are you guys with the problems talking about issues with the actual ASR brakes and it mounting to that or are you all talking about the QD system being an issue?

Last edited:
    Dang, this is a very common issue. I too blew off my Omega 10yds infront of me. Prior to that I swore I installed it and turned the locking dial correctly. I did get a baffle strike on the last 4-5 baffles.

Yeah your good. A friend put my can on my gun (not going to name names here) since he’s on the forum and didn’t tighten the clamp after you thread on the asr mount and I blew my can off my gun. Took a small chunk out of the blast baffle but it works fine. Making sure thecan is very tight on the mount has become a constant habit now.

Yeah your good. A friend put my can on my gun (not going to name names here) since he’s on the forum and didn’t tighten the clamp after you thread on the asr mount and I blew my can off my gun. Took a small chunk out of the blast baffle but it works fine. Making sure thecan is very tight on the mount has become a constant habit now.

Well you should get an idiot proof can if your going to hand the gun to a