• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

nrl22x?????

Ruslow

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2017
AR
Have been wanting to change things up. been shooting in the nrl22 and prs matches for 22 but have not tried the x NRL match. What are they similiar to? PRS or the standard NRL? Do the x matchs shoot the same cof or is it up to the MD? thanks Stan

NRL22X is basically NRL22's response to PRS Rimfire.
Each match is unique to the venue/match director with no shared COF.
I don't shoot NRL22 or NRL22X (my area is pretty much only PRS Rimfire now), but I personally do prefer NRL22X/PRS Rimfire over NRL22.

Reactions: Mark_Dorman
NRL22X is basically NRL22's response to PRS Rimfire.
Each match is unique to the venue/match director with no shared COF.
I don't shoot NRL22 or NRL22X (my area is pretty much only PRS Rimfire now), but I personally do prefer NRL22X/PRS Rimfire over NRL22.

technically NRL22X predates PRS rimfire
- first match was in June 2020

NRL22X was supposed to be the rimfire equivalent of PRS/NRL 2 day matches

technically NRL22X predates PRS rimfire
- first match was in June 2020

NRL22X was supposed to be the rimfire equivalent of PRS/NRL 2 day matches
Appreciate the correction.
I shot NRL22 for a year or two (sparsely) before NRL22X and PRS Rimfire kicked off formally, but I had heard the PRS Rimfire was coming before I heard about NRL22X.

NRL22X matches are normally 1-day matches with stages more like the championship, rather than limited to 100 yards like NRL22. They are a ton of fun, I highly recommend trying one.

An X match is at least 8 stages, usually 10-12 stages and probably a bit shorter par times than NRL22. All the X matches I've been to have had at least 1 long distance stage, so having some idea of dope for 200-400 yards will help you.

The outlier being Paul Dallin's Burn-a-Brick 2-day NRL22X match with Utah moon dust and 30-round 165 second par time stages. That was harder than any of the championship matches I've been to, but an excellent and humbling experience. He was prepping for the international championship and the match reflected that. He came in 2nd, by 23 seconds if I remember correctly.

I am an NRL 22X Match Director, and have ran NRL22 matches since the inception of the NRL22....

These matches are at the total discretion of the MD and can be a one day or two day. Some MD's have two-one day matches back to back giving you two X match scores in a single weekend.

Reactions: darth_ritis
X matches are perfect if you’re feeling burnt out on shooting off the same props in regular 22 month after month…or really want to stretch your legs.

I shoot NRL22, NRL22X, and PRS Rimfire very regularly…. At least the matches I have attended, X and PRS COF’s feel a lot more similar, in a good way…

If you shot NRL22 and experienced bonus stages the match director made. Having non standard barricades/obstacles and distances exceeding 100yds. An X match is just every stage being that way. And usually you'll do about double the amount of stages.

If you can't get a match booklet prior to attending the event that provides stage descriptions, distances, etc. Go contact the MD and find out what the max distance the range will support and have dope to that far.

Last edited: