• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

NSW Recce piggyback red dot question

Doctor Optic (sucks, breaks), AimPoint T1, Insight, or JPoint using Wilcox, NF, NF/Wilcox RULR cap mounts.

Here are examples with the AimPoint T1:

EIqypEh.jpg

Su3iHMR.png

OszL4Ds.png

The NSW Recce Carbine is one of the better legacy configurations because it blends all the benefits of an SPR and a carbine that still does well in CQB, while not going crazy on the weight. Also allows clip-on NVD/TWS in front of the NF 2.5-10x24.

Chamber it in something with more energy on-TGT and you really have something special.

Of all the SPR variants, I like this one the most, although I would go ILGS or MLGS, never CLGS.

Doctor Optic (sucks, breaks), AimPoint T1, Insight, or JPoint using Wilcox, NF, NF/Wilcox RULR cap mounts.

Here are examples with the AimPoint T1:

EIqypEh.jpg

Su3iHMR.png

OszL4Ds.png

The NSW Recce Carbine is one of the better legacy configurations because it blends all the benefits of an SPR and a carbine that still does well in CQB, while not going crazy on the weight. Also allows clip-on NVD/TWS in front of the NF 2.5-10x24.

Chamber it in something with more energy on-TGT and you really have something special.

Of all the SPR variants, I like this one the most, although I would go ILGS or MLGS, never CLGS.
I am quoting this because it is such a spot on good post.

Reactions: Xerum525 and Bakwa
Yeah, Docter red dots are practically unobtanium. There's one on GB but he wants $1,000 and I feel like it's just not worth it. You know how you get down to that last piece on your build and you just can't find it, I'm that guy. I didn't even know Insight made red dots until I seen one on Ebay. Guess what the price is.......you guessed it $1,000. I have a vortex opmod on it just as a place holder but it just doesn't feel right considering the rest of the rifle is 100% correct.

Yeah, Docter red dots are practically unobtanium. There's one on GB but he wants $1,000 and I feel like it's just not worth it. You know how you get down to that last piece on your build and you just can't find it, I'm that guy. I didn't even know Insight made red dots until I seen one on Ebay. Guess what the price is.......you guessed it $1,000. I have a vortex opmod on it just as a place holder but it just doesn't feel right considering the rest of the rifle is 100% correct.
Actually have one sitting in the safe. Was going to use it on the mk12 but never did. Just trying to help a fellow cloner out haha. Not sure why I can’t message you but I do have one sitting around.

Attachments

• 0D007109-21CF-4BF1-B24B-36E55A2DF5AE.jpeg
    0D007109-21CF-4BF1-B24B-36E55A2DF5AE.jpeg
    398.1 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: Xerum525 and FatBoy