• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes NX8 vs ZP5

stello1001

Professional Newb
Minuteman
  • Feb 20, 2017
    Corpus Christi TX
    Hello all,

So I have really been thinking hard about getting one of the new NX8s. It was a no brainer to me, the features seem decent and NF has a bomb proof reputation with great customer service. Not really much to think about there.

Then I found out about the online deal where you buy a rifle and get a Minox for half off.

My rifle is a Howa 1500 in 6.5CM that I use for hunting whitetail and pigs here in south Texas. My rifle also doubles up as a range toy for shooting paper and if I ever get the chance to go shoot at steel, I'll do that too. Admittedly though, life and work get in the way and I have not shot steel since a year ago.

Is there really anything to think about? Is the MINOX that great of an optic and with the killer deal right now, is there really anything I have to think about? I was dead set on an NX8 (haven't figured out yet which one specifically I wanted) but now that I found out about this other deal, I kinda want to go in the direction of MINOX.

I hear I can get lifetime warranty to original owner on MINOX with the registration of the product. Can anyone confirm? Any reason why I should favor one over the other? On the ZP5, I am leaning more towards the 3-15 model. While on the NX8, I had not made up my mind.

This would be my first jump at/towards a direction closer to alpha glass and I have never really had anything like this before so it's a big decision for me, at least it seems that way. I want to make sure I don't regret much. My current scopes include a Tango6 4-24x50 and an LRHS 4.5-18.

Thanks in advance to all who contribute some useful info.

Minox is absolutely an alpha class optic. If you can get it for 50% off, do it.

NX8 is probably a very good scope, but it competes in a very different price range than ZP5.

I compared ATACR to ZP5 and optically ZP5 is better. Mechanically, I know some people had problems early on, but they seem to have been quite consistent for a while now.

ILya

NX8 is probably a very good scope, but it competes in a very different price range than ZP5.

I compared ATACR to ZP5 and optically ZP5 is better. Mechanically, I know some people had problems early on, but they seem to have been quite consistent for a while now.

ILya

Have you noticed any differences between the 3-15 and the 5-25 besides the mag range itself?

ILya

I took advantage of the offer and bought an inexpensive Mauser M18 in order to get the 50% coupon. After receiving the scope, I'm seriously considering buying another rifle in order to get another coupon. They are glorious. I bought the 5-25 with the MR4 reticle. I have twin boys and the M18 would make fine hunting rifles for them. Dad, of course, gets the scopes.

I took advantage of the offer and bought an inexpensive Mauser M18 in order to get the 50% coupon. After receiving the scope, I'm seriously considering buying another rifle in order to get another coupon. They are glorious. I bought the 5-25 with the MR4 reticle. I have twin boys and the M18 would make fine hunting rifles for them. Dad, of course, gets the scopes.

That sounds like a hell of a deal.

I am glad they are doing it. This way more people get to experience how nice these scopes really are.

ILya

That sounds like a hell of a deal.

I am glad they are doing it. This way more people get to experience how nice these scopes really are.

ILya

I was surprised when I read about it. I couldn't believe the ZP line would be included in the offer. Like you said though, great way to get these scopes out there. I bought the rifle on sale for $500, the scope for $1750. $2,250 for a premium scope is a smoking good deal. I know some people have off loaded the rifles they bought. As mentioned previously, I plan to keep mine as at first blush appears to be a fine hunting rifle and will serve me and my boys well.

Curious, who is offering this deal? Minox or a vendor? @stello1001, I think you will be really happy with the ZP5. I had a NF ATACR and older NXS 2.5-10x42. While both were nice, neither matched my buddies ZP5 MR4 that I got to compare next to them. I really liked the MR4 reticle too. Wish Minox would offer it in the 3-15 scope.

Curious, who is offering this deal? Minox or a vendor? @stello1001, I think you will be really happy with the ZP5. I had a NF ATACR and older NXS 2.5-10x42. While both were nice, neither matched my buddies ZP5 MR4 that I got to compare next to them. I really liked the MR4 reticle too. Wish Minox would offer it in the 3-15 scope.

If you go to Euro Optics I believe, you can buy a mauser M18 and get a code for 50% off any minox scope but it has to bought via Minox USA...

Reactions: Chasing3
    It's $2215 all said and done and you can likely sell the rifle for $300-350 that's $1915 for a $3400 optic to your door. No brainer less there is some type of length restriction on the rifle, ZP5 all the way. The only nod i can give to NF in this situation is likely the turrets. I'm not a fan of the ZP5's turrets. I spent my two weeks off comparing the ATACR i just sold to the second ZP5 and honestly was quite surprised that the ATACR competed as well as it did to my eyes but it was never a question which was better it was always the ZP5. Especially in low light.

The ZP5 is the best glass i've owned to date out of the AMG, MK5, K624i, K525i, K318i, and ATACR. I've not had much time behind the PMII, ZCO, or TT. Which i understand are it's main competitors but given this deal and the used price it's hard to argue there is anything better under $2500. The edge to edge clarity, DOF, and resolution kind of blew me away. Especially edge to edge clarity which i know is rather a non issue since your focus is on the center of the reticle but it literally loses nothing from center to edge. There is no distortion, color loss, or degradation of the IQ in anyway to my eyes. All in all anything i find irritating about the turrets the optic certainly makes up for in IQ.

Reactions: Wyzrd and D_TROS
    J
    It's $2215 all said and done and you can likely sell the rifle for $300-350 that's $1915 for a $3400 optic to your door. No brainer less there is some type of length restriction on the rifle, ZP5 all the way. The only nod i can give to NF in this situation is likely the turrets. I'm not a fan of the ZP5's turrets. I spent my two weeks off comparing the ATACR i just sold to the second ZP5 and honestly was quite surprised that the ATACR competed as well as it did to my eyes but it was never a question which was better it was always the ZP5. Especially in low light.

The ZP5 is the best glass i've owned to date out of the AMG, MK5, K624i, K525i, K318i, and ATACR. I've not had much time behind the PMII, ZCO, or TT. Which i understand are it's main competitors but given this deal and the used price it's hard to argue there is anything better under $2500. The edge to edge clarity, DOF, and resolution kind of blew me away. Especially edge to edge clarity which i know is rather a non issue since your focus is on the center of the reticle but it literally loses nothing from center to edge. There is no distortion, color loss, or degradation of the IQ in anyway to my eyes. All in all anything i find irritating about the turrets the optic certainly makes up for in IQ.
    Just curious Will, which model of the ZP5 did you have? I like the 3-15 because it's short but most importantly, the larger FOV which I know will come in handy when these south Texas deer start showing up 30 to 50 yards away. I like the 5-25 because if and when I go shooting steel, it can allow me to spot for myself better than the 3-15 could. Another advantage I see to having 25X is being able to more accurately identify specific bucks. I once misidentified a buck for my dad and he ended up shooting it. Turns out it was the wrong 8 pointer.

J
    Just curious Will, which model of the ZP5 did you have? I like the 3-15 because it's short but most importantly, the larger FOV which I know will come in handy when these south Texas deer start showing up 30 to 50 yards away. I like the 5-25 because if and when I go shooting steel, it can allow me to spot for myself better than the 3-15 could. Another advantage I see to having 25X is being able to more accurately identify specific bucks. I once misidentified a buck for my dad and he ended up shooting it. Turns out it was the wrong 8 pointer.

Both 5-25s i haven't seen the new one yet sent it home. I have my buddies i traded for on my 223 trainer though. It's a huge optic no doubt, i'm not even considering putting a sunshade on it. Weight is okay but yeah it's long.

Both 5-25s i haven't seen the new one yet sent it home. I have my buddies i traded for on my 223 trainer though. It's a huge optic no doubt, i'm not even considering putting a sunshade on it. Weight is okay but yeah it's long.

Well you see, I once had some sun glare bother me. After that, if my scope is not wearing a sunshade and the sun hits it, I easily notice the glare. I would prefer to have one. I'll think about it and see which one I decide on.

Well you see, I once had some sun glare bother me. After that, if my scope is not wearing a sunshade and the sun hits it, I easily notice the glare. I would prefer to have one. I'll think about it and see which one I decide on.

Yeah i actually had issues with that at my range but it’s just so damn long already. Maybe if there is a 2” shade I’d do it. 3-15 might be better for your purpose and save some money.

The NX8 scopes are very nice for the money and they have a lot of features. The Minox is certianly going to have the better glass quality. I tend to agree with other posters, the turrets on the NX8 would be my preference. The 8x zoom range is obviously a great feature as well. But at the end of the day if you primary purpose is hunting and secondary would be plinking at the range, I would suggest the Minox deal is to good to pass up.
    Here is a link to EuroOptic where you can get a M18 rifle on a great sale by itself and also take advantage of the Minox promotion.

Reactions: Wyzrd
    stello, I actually own both right now, the ZP5 5-25 and the NX8 2.5-20x50. I've also recently had experience with a buddy's ZP5 3-15 so can give you some feedback on all three.

While the NX8 is very impressive for what it is - short body scope with 8x erector at $2k, it is not in the same class as the ZP5 by a long shot in my opinion. There are compromises made when building a short body scope with such high magnification range and those compromises show up in the NX8 with edge distortion throughout most of the magnification range, that being said, the center 60-70% or so is stunningly sharp, the scope within its sweet spot can resolve a lot better than I thought it would. But another compromise with this design is finicky eyebox and parallax along with a lack of DOF (depth of field), you are definitely going to have to play more with the parallax to get it right at various distances. Also, whatever the Nightforce engineers did to control CA, they did it right, there is very slight discernible CA in the NX8 and CA is something that typically bugs me, especially in $2k and up scopes. This is my first Nightforce so I cannot comment on NXS or ATACR turrets but I am somewhat unimpressed with the NX8 turrets, don't get me wrong, they are decent and I can dial them with ease and I like the spacing, but I prefer the clicks of the Kahles, ZP5 and others more than the NX8; that being said, turret feel is very subjective so take my opinion with a grain of salt. One other gripe with the NX8 is the short tube section between the turret housing and the front objective bell, not much room there and if you like to have a bubble level you can forget about putting it forward of the turret housing (which is where I like mine). All that said, I think the scope is an amazing value at $2k for all it offers. I really like the Mil-C reticle and the illumination is incredibly bright and NF offers both red and green illumination for those who may prefer one over the other.

Now, compared to a Minox ZP5... well, there is no comparison in my book, but they are also completely different scope designs. The ZP5 represents one of the best values in the alpha class scope lineup, and with the 50% off deal you mentioned, it's virtually a no brainer. The glass in the ZP5 is truly something to behold, I had a chance recently to compare side by side with a ZCO and while the ZCO had the larger sight picture and slightly more forgiving eyebox (mind you the ZP5 has a forgiving eyebox as well) optically it was hard to tell the two apart, but we're talking best of the best here. The ZP5 (and ZCO) controls CA better than any scope I've seen and the edge to edge sharpness is amazing. Low light the ZP5 knocks it out of the park again. The ZP5 has 15 mil per rev turrets so they are going to be closer together than a 10 mil per rev turret; however, I have never had an issue where I couldn't dial exactly what I needed quickly, if I'm nitpicking the 5-25 turrets have a slight amount of play, but this would not be noticed in actual use, just when you're trying to make them do that by turning very slowly. Surprisingly the ZP5 3-15x50 had, what I felt were, better turrets than my 5-25x56, I could discern no amount of play and the clicks were even a bit more distinct than my 5-25's. While the ZP5 3-15 managed CA very well, I was able to detect a slight amount more than the 5-25, but again, we're talking better than most scopes and better than the Schmidt & Benders we were comparing to. Illumination is decent on the ZP5 5-25, not quite as bright as I'd prefer for daylight use, but better than most. The MR4 is my favorite reticle right now (though on paper I like the Gen 3XR more, but I don't like how heavy the TT525P is so I have shy'd away from that one) and the 3-15 I worked with had the MR2 reticle which I think is a very nice crossover FFP hunting reticle.

If your main game is whitetail and pigs I honestly think you'll be fine with the 5-25, it actually has one of the widest FOV of the 5-25 series scopes at 22.8' at 100 yards, that's going to be just over 11' at 50 yards which is the closest focus distance of the ZP5 and this is an area where the NX8 outclasses the ZP5 because it can focus down to a measly 11 yards. The only area where the ZP5 5-25 might struggle is if you have a running pig that is close in, but if you encounter that situation often you can always throw a RDS onto the scope for those situations.

You can check out the review of the Kahles, ZCO, Schmidt and Minox in the link in my signature for more details

stello, I actually own both right now, the ZP5 5-25 and the NX8 2.5-20x50. I've also recently had experience with a buddy's ZP5 3-15 so can give you some feedback on all three.

While the NX8 is very impressive for what it is - short body scope with 8x erector at $2k, it is not in the same class as the ZP5 by a long shot in my opinion. There are compromises made when building a short body scope with such high magnification range and those compromises show up in the NX8 with edge distortion throughout most of the magnification range, that being said, the center 60-70% or so is stunningly sharp, the scope within its sweet spot can resolve a lot better than I thought it would. But another compromise with this design is finicky eyebox and parallax along with a lack of DOF (depth of field), you are definitely going to have to play more with the parallax to get it right at various distances. Also, whatever the Nightforce engineers did to control CA, they did it right, there is very slight discernible CA in the NX8 and CA is something that typically bugs me, especially in $2k and up scopes. This is my first Nightforce so I cannot comment on NXS or ATACR turrets but I am somewhat unimpressed with the NX8 turrets, don't get me wrong, they are decent and I can dial them with ease and I like the spacing, but I prefer the clicks of the Kahles, ZP5 and others more than the NX8; that being said, turret feel is very subjective so take my opinion with a grain of salt. One other gripe with the NX8 is the short tube section between the turret housing and the front objective bell, not much room there and if you like to have a bubble level you can forget about putting it forward of the turret housing (which is where I like mine). All that said, I think the scope is an amazing value at $2k for all it offers. I really like the Mil-C reticle and the illumination is incredibly bright and NF offers both red and green illumination for those who may prefer one over the other.

Now, compared to a Minox ZP5... well, there is no comparison in my book, but they are also completely different scope designs. The ZP5 represents one of the best values in the alpha class scope lineup, and with the 50% off deal you mentioned, it's virtually a no brainer. The glass in the ZP5 is truly something to behold, I had a chance recently to compare side by side with a ZCO and while the ZCO had the larger sight picture and slightly more forgiving eyebox (mind you the ZP5 has a forgiving eyebox as well) optically it was hard to tell the two apart, but we're talking best of the best here. The ZP5 (and ZCO) controls CA better than any scope I've seen and the edge to edge sharpness is amazing. Low light the ZP5 knocks it out of the park again. The ZP5 has 15 mil per rev turrets so they are going to be closer together than a 10 mil per rev turret; however, I have never had an issue where I couldn't dial exactly what I needed quickly, if I'm nitpicking the 5-25 turrets have a slight amount of play, but this would not be noticed in actual use, just when you're trying to make them do that by turning very slowly. Surprisingly the ZP5 3-15x50 had, what I felt were, better turrets than my 5-25x56, I could discern no amount of play and the clicks were even a bit more distinct than my 5-25's. While the ZP5 3-15 managed CA very well, I was able to detect a slight amount more than the 5-25, but again, we're talking better than most scopes and better than the Schmidt & Benders we were comparing to. Illumination is decent on the ZP5 5-25, not quite as bright as I'd prefer for daylight use, but better than most. The MR4 is my favorite reticle right now (though on paper I like the Gen 3XR more, but I don't like how heavy the TT525P is so I have shy'd away from that one) and the 3-15 I worked with had the MR2 reticle which I think is a very nice crossover FFP hunting reticle.

If your main game is whitetail and pigs I honestly think you'll be fine with the 5-25, it actually has one of the widest FOV of the 5-25 series scopes at 22.8' at 100 yards, that's going to be just over 11' at 50 yards which is the closest focus distance of the ZP5 and this is an area where the NX8 outclasses the ZP5 because it can focus down to a measly 11 yards. The only area where the ZP5 5-25 might struggle is if you have a running pig that is close in, but if you encounter that situation often you can always throw a RDS onto the scope for those situations.

You can check out the review of the Kahles, ZCO, Schmidt and Minox in the link in my signature for more details

This is amazing feedback and I truly appreciate it. I am getting even more excited now to finally place my order but the reality is, I can't make up my mind on whether I want 3-15 or 5-25 hahahaha.

Also, where did you get your FOV stats for the 5-25? I think I saw somewhere on the web that it was closer to 24 feet so I immediately thought that was pretty impressive. Although of course, 22.8 isn't bad at all either, especially considering it's magnification power of 5x.

Anyhow, I am still a sucker for large FOV and when I had my weaver tactical 3-15, I absolutely loved that scope for what it was and what I paid. I guess all I have to do right now is make up my damn mind on whether I want to go 3-15 for more robust and compact with more FOV or 5-25 for spotting better, IDing specific bucks, etc.

I will do some thinking and hopefully come to a decision soon. I'm also trying to decide on which particular clambering I'll get on the Mauser but I won't bother the hide for that. Not as worried on the rifle as I am on the glass. I will probably end up selling it anyways but not sure yet.

Anyhow, thank you for taking your time to write a detailed reply and I will be sure to check out your review.

This is amazing feedback and I truly appreciate it. I am getting even more excited now to finally place my order but the reality is, I can't make up my mind on whether I want 3-15 or 5-25 hahahaha.

Also, where did you get your FOV stats for the 5-25? I think I saw somewhere on the web that it was closer to 24 feet so I immediately thought that was pretty impressive. Although of course, 22.8 isn't bad at all either, especially considering it's magnification power of 5x.

Anyhow, I am still a sucker for large FOV and when I had my weaver tactical 3-15, I absolutely loved that scope for what it was and what I paid. I guess all I have to do right now is make up my damn mind on whether I want to go 3-15 for more robust and compact with more FOV or 5-25 for spotting better, IDing specific bucks, etc.

I will do some thinking and hopefully come to a decision soon. I'm also trying to decide on which particular clambering I'll get on the Mauser but I won't bother the hide for that. Not as worried on the rifle as I am on the glass. I will probably end up selling it anyways but not sure yet.

Anyhow, thank you for taking your time to write a detailed reply and I will be sure to check out your review.

The zp5 is a no brainer here. I’d suggest a 5-25 with a red dot 45 offset, or center in front of the elevation turret. Spuhr mount for the win!

Reactions: psychosniper
    My pleasure stello, with regard to the FOV numbers those come from Minox, I did not field measure. Regardless of whether you pick the 3-15 or the 5-25 you will probably second guess yourself so you really have to figure out which is going to be the most usable magnification range for the majority of your type of shooting. The 15x on the 3-15 will allow you to see targets out to 1000 and beyond, personally I prefer a little more magnification and will usually hover around 18-20x but that's me. I've had good 3-15's before and they are fantastic scopes for both near and far.

My pleasure stello, with regard to the FOV numbers those come from Minox, I did not field measure. Regardless of whether you pick the 3-15 or the 5-25 you will probably second guess yourself so you really have to figure out which is going to be the most usable magnification range for the majority of your type of shooting. The 15x on the 3-15 will allow you to see targets out to 1000 and beyond, personally I prefer a little more magnification and will usually hover around 18-20x but that's me. I've had good 3-15's before and they are fantastic scopes for both near and far.

I've gone over MINOX USA spec sheet and the 5-25 is listed with a FOV of 7.6 meters which translates roughly to 24ft 11inches. See for yourself.

As far as your review, I might have not looked right or something. I was unable to find it, would you mind sharing the link with me?

Thanks...

I've gone over MINOX USA spec sheet and the 5-25 is listed with a FOV of 7.6 meters which translates roughly to 24ft 11inches. See for yourself.

As far as your review, I might have not looked right or something. I was unable to find it, would you mind sharing the link with me?

Thanks...

Genuine question, but that’s 7.6 meters at 100 meters. Did you convert the 100 meters to yards as well? Or just convert 7.6 meters to feet

^^^ Noob is right, when you get specs of meters @ 100m, you convert the meters to feet (not the 100m but the FOV meters) and then divide by 1.093 to get feet at 100 yards. So 7.6m = 24.9344' / 1.093 = 22.8' @ 100 yards :)

I will echo what the others are saying and suggest the ZP5. I was in the process of swapping all my long range optics over to the ZP5 when I read about the Eurooptic.com deal... I purchased my first for $1900 (second hand) , second for $2200 (second hand) and the 3rd was the EO deal(new). These scopes are truly amazing, the depth of field is mindboggling (atleast to me) and the MR4 reticle is as close to perfect as you can get. Not to mention the glass itself. The turrets on 2 of my 3 are nearly the same (tactile and sharp)but the first one I purchased has a slightly more subtle turret sound, but still defined.

I don't hunt, but I can't imagine a time when having more magnification and not using it would be considered a downside (kinda like carrying a pocket knife. Its nice to have when you need it.)

Reactions: Glassaholic
    I don’t have as much time with the ZP5’s as some here who have posted already but can pretty well mimic what they’ve all said as I recently picked up both ZP5 315 MR2 & 525 MR4 used from jwknutson17 before this sale, to be used for hunting and occasional target. The 315 is on my 6creed predator/hog rifle and the 525 is on my 300wm Mule Deer rifle. I live and operate mostly in central/south/west Texas and for a South Texas deer/hog/predator rig, you will not go wrong with either but I definitely prefer the 3-15. The low light IQ, FOV and DOF are excellent for the type of hunting where you may not be sure where the animal is going to step out from the brush. I switched from the NF SHV 4-14 F1 to the ZP5 315 and what an amazing difference it made. The SHV is a good scope no doubt but the ZP5 smashes it in every category except for illumination (MR2 reticle) which is quite dim compared to the SHV Mil-R.

Although, I do realize this deal only pertains to the MR5, I feel that the MR2 is the better reticle for this type of hunting where close quarters is possible because it has a duplex look to it when you’re backed down in magnification which can help more during low light operations. The MR5 would probably work just as well but I do prefer only the center cross illumination from the MR2. I also don’t have any experience with the MR5 so my opinion on it means little. I do agree with having a spuhr mounted red dot or the Steiner MRS for closer shots when they are on top of you.

I have been able to ID more at 15x with the ZP5 than with a lot of other optics at 20x. I’ve used the 315 out to 1,450 yards on steel just fine, handling everything 1,000 yards and in with ease. With all this being said, I bought the 315 first and it wasn’t long before I decided I needed the 525 as well. So beware that once you look through one, you’ll most likely want the other. They are both outstanding.

I don’t have as much time with the ZP5’s as some here who have posted already but can pretty well mimic what they’ve all said as I recently picked up both ZP5 315 MR2 & 525 MR4 used from jwknutson17 before this sale, to be used for hunting and occasional target. The 315 is on my 6creed predator/hog rifle and the 525 is on my 300wm Mule Deer rifle. I live and operate mostly in central/south/west Texas and for a South Texas deer/hog/predator rig, you will not go wrong with either but I definitely prefer the 3-15. The low light IQ, FOV and DOF are excellent for the type of hunting where you may not be sure where the animal is going to step out from the brush. I switched from the NF SHV 4-14 F1 to the ZP5 315 and what an amazing difference it made. The SHV is a good scope no doubt but the ZP5 smashes it in every category except for illumination (MR2 reticle) which is quite dim compared to the SHV Mil-R.

Although, I do realize this deal only pertains to the MR5, I feel that the MR2 is the better reticle for this type of hunting where close quarters is possible because it has a duplex look to it when you’re backed down in magnification which can help more during low light operations. The MR5 would probably work just as well but I do prefer only the center cross illumination from the MR2. I also don’t have any experience with the MR5 so my opinion on it means little. I do agree with having a spuhr mounted red dot or the Steiner MRS for closer shots when they are on top of you.

I have been able to ID more at 15x with the ZP5 than with a lot of other optics at 20x. I’ve used the 315 out to 1,450 yards on steel just fine, handling everything 1,000 yards and in with ease. With all this being said, I bought the 315 first and it wasn’t long before I decided I needed the 525 as well. So beware that once you look through one, you’ll most likely want the other. They are both outstanding.

I've already decided on the 3-15. I remember using a 3-15 weaver tactical and really loved that optic for what it was and what I used it for. You're probably right that I will want the 5-25 as well haha, but I'll have to control my urges!

Although, I do realize this deal only pertains to the MR5, I feel that the MR2 is the better reticle for this type of hunting where close quarters is possible because it has a duplex look to it when you’re backed down in magnification which can help more during low light operations.

I believe the "deal" is for any scope that Minox USA is offering, and right now I see the 3-15x50 with the MR2 reticle on their site

1566489192619.png

Reactions: psychosniper
    I believe the "deal" is for any scope that Minox USA is offering, and right now I see the 3-15x50 with the MR2 reticle on their site

View attachment 7134633
    Very cool. Thanks for clearing that up. I had not dug that far into it because I need to spend money on other things currently and am extremely tempted by this deal. When I spoke with Minox USA a few weeks ago regarding a different matter, the lady I was in contact with mentioned the discontinuation of MR2 and that they did not have any more. She also was not much help with my other issue so it makes sense that she was just misinformed.

Last edited:
    Very cool. Thanks for clearing that up. I had not dug that far into it because I need to spend money on other things currently and am extremely tempted by this deal. When I spoke with Minox USA a few weeks ago regarding a different matter, the lady I was in contact with mentioned the discontinuation of MR2 and that they did not have any more. She also was not much help with my other issue so it makes sense that she was just uniformed.
    Their website says they have some, but that might be wrong, that would be a bummer if the website is wrong and someone did the deal only to find out they don't have anymore :(