• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Old Damascus barrels

Note that the Damascus has now moved from the barrel to the action…

Personally, not to my taste. But they are selling a ton of them! Though I think the barrels are fluid steel, so to speak!

Sirhr

Personally a huge fan of a nice Damascus blade. Don’t own any, but I like looking at them.

Always wanted to build a pimped out caspian with a Damascus slide.

Reactions: Modoc
Personally a huge fan of a nice Damascus blade. Don’t own any, but I like looking at them.

Always wanted to build a pimped out caspian with a Damascus slide.

Caspian is just up the road from me. If you ever want anything from them, I’m great friends with the owner. Cheers.

• Love
Reactions: roostercogburn98
Caspian is just up the road from me. If you ever want anything from them, I’m great friends with the owner. Cheers.
I’ve got one of their seconds frames, pretty sure they are called Foster?

Thank you for the offer!!

Be a long time before I’m ready to play with another 1911, but dang they make some nice guns.

PXL_20240816_015629686.jpg
PXL_20240816_015426811.jpg

Remember that the barrels could have been made by one maker, the lock by another and everything assembled by a third. Subcontracting out of parts was not unknown and was a speciality in Eurorpe (thanks to guilds). Barrel makers made barrels, lock makers made locks which the gunsmith could engrave himself.