• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Old prime ammo lot# location???

stello1001

Professional Newb
Minuteman
  • Feb 20, 2017
    Corpus Christi TX
    Hey all,

I found a stash of some old prime ammo and a bit of brass from it too. I also found some FGMM as well with brass too.

Anybody know if these are the lot#s for them?

20240811_182023.jpg
    20240811_182858.jpg

Thanks...

Reactions: TacT-MecH
    That was great .308 ammo!
    I shot a few thousand rounds of that stuff and the brass has been excellent for reloading. It was PRIME stamped, and at some point they switched to Peterson brass IIRC

Its the same shit as Norma Golden Target. RUAG owns them and made the ammo under contract for Prime.

You can still buy the same ammo today, and its the best stuff out there for the money, by far.

Its the same shit as Norma Golden Target. RUAG owns them and made the ammo under contract for Prime.

You can still buy the same ammo today, and its the best stuff out there for the money, by far.

So I've always heard that. That the ammo Prime was selling was Norma ammo but what's up with the 130 RDF projectiles the CM stuff was loaded with? Norma does not make the RDF. RDF projectiles are nosler. Unless I'm wrong, but I think the whole time, prime was loading CM with RDF.

That is, until Spark Munitions acquired prime, which didn't last very long. Spark was loading for Prime I guess during the plandemic or shortly after.

Anyhow, it would appear that thase cases of ammo I have are pretty much all the same.

20240815_140408.jpg

The 2 boxes on the left are both 308 loaded with a 175. While the 2 boxes on the right are 223 loaded with a 77. Someone on here on SH mentioned that the ammotech white box ammo is basically ruag and therefore is the same as Norma. However, the white box says "SMK" on it while the Norma is obviously a golden target. Can anyone confirm or deny any of this lol?