• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Olive Oyle (Shelly Duval) died.

TexPatriot

Two Star General
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2020
She was 75 and suffered from diabetes. She was from Texas and lived in a little house in Blanco, TX.

1720717381711.png

I just watched the interview she did with Dr Phil a while back ,wow she was a nut job ,and was way over weight, unrecognizable, when I read she died of complications from diabetes I thought no way , but yes way , probably 100lbs overweight, and mentally unstable, poor woman was gone years ago.

Reactions: TexPatriot
I just watched the interview she did with Dr Phil a while back ,wow she was a nut job ,and was way over weight, unrecognizable, when I read she died of complications from diabetes I thought no way , but yes way , probably 100lbs overweight, and mentally unstable, poor woman was gone years ago.
Stark reminder to all that physical health matters. Sure, not everything is in one's control, but take those after dinner walks, get some strength training in, etc.

Damn,down the road from me ,I never knew her but thought she was a good actress, never was in the news ,so her politics were not known. RIP Shelly
I know, me too. If i'd a known that I would have checked on her. She was in pretty rough shape there at the end, physically and mentally. Dr. Phil interviewed her awhile back and asked her if she would accept help if they offered it.

She was from Texas, her father was in the cattle business and she really didn't aspire to be an actress but was talked into it by a Hollywood producer that thought she would be perfect for an upcoming role.

in 1997, my wife and I got to meet and talk to her. She had made an independent artsy movie, co-starring Frank Gorshin ("The Riddler",) called "Twilight of the Ice Nymphs" with an invitation only showing at a theater in Dallas across the freeway from North Park.

She had a question and answer time after it and we got to ask questions.

It was one of those spring nights where a storm brings down the sky and heralds the end of days. We were in the lobby waiting for the rain to slow down and she came into the lobby and we were able to talk with her personally.

She was very nice and humble, in my opinion. I have never met her brother, Robert, but I hope he is like she was.

I know they grew up around Houston, same as Tommy Lee Jones.

Last edited:
She was so nice and innocent in her younger years when her career was booming.

Hollywood destroys people. It discarded her and turned her into a bitter, name dropping crazy woman. Completely batshit crazy.

RIP Shelly