• We're live!

We've got the homepage updated and subscriptions are now managed through HideTV. If you run into any bugs please contact alexj-12 or use our contact form for help!

ENTER HIDETV VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Omega without brake

bigpeddler

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 1, 2018
    Up North
    I see SiCo offers an end cap without a brake... does this make the suppressor noticeably quieter? They claim 2-5 dB

I am all for making my Omega 300 even quieter, if possible. Just looking for other's opinion on the topic. I shoot 5.56 and 6.5cm mostly.

I see SiCo offers an end cap without a brake... does this make the suppressor noticeably quieter? They claim 2-5 dB

I am all for making my Omega 300 even quieter, if possible. Just looking for other's opinion on the topic. I shoot 5.56 and 6.5cm mostly.

Check out Pewscience.com testing on that. It appears the solid end cap is quieter to the shooter, while the anchor brake is quieter to other people.

Reactions: Newbie2020
    I bought the e brake for my Dead Air Nomad-L. Still in jail. They claim 3-5 dB additional noise reduction and a bit more recoil mitigation. I’m anxious to shoot with vs without.

Sorry I can’t answer your question but I use the end cap just because it takes an inch or so off the length. This is anecdotal but people are always commenting how quiet my guns are. .308 and 6.5 PRC mostly.

Reactions: bigpeddler
    There is a huge amount of difference in noise suppression among various cans. The data supports that. But I was shooting w two friends—-one had a small 5” hunting can and the other a much longer can—-and the noise difference between the two was unmistakable.

I purposely bought the highest noise reduction rated can I could find. The extra weight doesn’t bother me and hopefully will mitigate recoil as well as noise.

Reactions: bigpeddler
    Check out Pewscience.com testing on that. It appears the solid end cap is quieter to the shooter, while the anchor brake is quieter to other people.

I scanned around their website... and couldn't find the data you were referencing. I'll look more later. Thanks for the link though, some really good info there!

I have an Omega with a flat end cap and to me it is quieter for me, and the friends that I shoot with don't complain about it being any louder than when I had the brake on it.

I scanned around their website... and couldn't find the data you were referencing. I'll look more later. Thanks for the link though, some really good info there!
    I believe it is in review 6.31 on the sico harvester 300. From the review directly "The conclusions at the shooter’s ear, however, are the opposite; the influence of the anchor brake results in adverse sound signature at the ear for the shooter."

He went into detail in his podcast on the Harvester review. Essentially though the anchor brake was net negative to the shooter.