one mile Bullseye camera target system test.

No thanks. I'll stick with something that works instead lol

-Alex

This is what I’ll be using this fall. I bought them for security but only need them for that until October. After that, it’ll be my target cam hopefully

Reactions: jasent
Thanks for the video. I saw this one after contacting Long Shot about their camera. Was wondering how it compared. I really don't need the 2 mile range of the Long Shot, especially with the price tag.
Did you buy the Long Shot camera system?
I am looking for a target camera and was looking at the new version of this and the Long Shot products.

Sandow, that us one heck of a setup, what did that run you, and do you have a link for it?

Geno C,

Your link does not have any of these in stock anymore either, what dod that setup cost?

This is what I’ll be using this fall. I bought them for security but only need them for that until October. After that, it’ll be my target cam hopefully
That looks like an option if there is reception out were I shoot. Keep us updated how ita working for you. Going through a divorce, moving, ect . But hopi g to start dialing in my new 375 soon though.

That looks like an option if there is reception out were I shoot. Keep us updated how ita working for you. Going through a divorce, moving, ect . But hopi g to start dialing in my new 375 soon though.

Yeah, my thoughts too - not great reception out where I shoot. I wonder how good of a connection is needed for it to work effectively. Would be a nice option if you don't need a full strength connection to get it to function.

Yeah, my thoughts too - not great reception out where I shoot. I wonder how good of a connection is needed for it to work effectively. Would be a nice option if you don't need a full strength connection to get it to function.

If that device does 3g it should work too as 3g should support close to double the required streaming rate. (7.2 Mbps for a full 3g connection and most HD streams are around 4 Mbps) Latency is gonna be a bit slow, but with Time of Flight at those distances it shouldn't be an issue.

What is that?

This is a system I started building to help with logistics in King of 2 Miles. ELR matches in terrain as rough as ours is demanding and there was nothing else that can do what we need. The pic I posted is of a camera that ran for 2 days straight with an external battery to double its uptime. The PTZ camera allows it to be simply placed on a tripod and aimed from the line. 15x zoom means that it can be 100 to 150 feet away from the target and the microphone gives a satisfying clang on impact.

Been a fun project but it has taken a lot of time to refine. I'm on revision 9 currently and it has gotten a lot lighter and more rugged. The link range is theoretically out to 37Km but I've only used it to 7Km so far. We used it for Paul's 4 mile hit and it was pretty much flawless for the three days we were out there.

It isn't really user friendly enough for the average shooter but I'm working on it.

-Alex