One stock, two actions (.22 rimfire and 6.5 Creedmoor); does it exist?

Thunderskunk

Private
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2020
Hello!

I've been gone a while. Been in a country that's not cool with foreigners having firearms, but coming back soon.

The question is: Is there a stock out there that will fit two actions? One being .22 rimfire and the other something larger like 6.5 Creedmoor, bolt guns of coarse.

Maybe that's crazy talk, but I put together a Howa action with a hodge-podge of parts thinking I would machine my own chassis. Never finished, slapped it in a cheap stock and got cheap results; 1.5 MOA on a good day. During that time, I realized I'm not into reloading, and dang .300 win mag is expensive. I'm sure I'd eventually discover what ammo it likes, but I'd rather shelf the gun for something higher precision out of the box.

I've had a little .22 Marlin they don't make anymore. It's incredibly light-weight, though not a bad gun altogether. Needs to go to someone of smaller stature.

Anyways. I like the idea of investing in a good stock, both time and money. If I could hot-swap the actions to shoot .22 and something larger, well that would be just swell. Maybe it's a thing, or not. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Tikka T1x Rimfire ( .22lr & 17HMR ) and T3x Centerfire .
I love the fact that I have both a Rimfire and Centerfire on the same platform.
Both are set up exactly the same Stock and ergonomics wise
Exactly what I was looking for, thanks! I’ve eyeballed a few Tikkas in the past, didn’t realize they were sometimes interchangeable. Sounds like that’s a recent feature from the factory at least.
Bergara B14R will fit any remington 700 stock/chassis. I've taken my 6 Creedmoor out and replaced it with the rimfire action in a MPA chassis with no issues.
That’s also interesting. Haven’t seen a Bergara before to be honest.

I've swapped 4 different Rem 700 Short action compatible stocks across my Bergara B14R (22lr), my Bregara B14 HMR Pro (6.5CM) and my Vudoo 360 (22lr) multiple times. All these rifles/ actions use a Rem 700 SA footprint/interface so It's just a matter of pulling the two action screws and your done. Short answer: A Rem 700 SA compatible action/rifle is what your looking for in both calibers.

The Curtis action will actually let you swap barrels and bolts with the action never leaving the stock. Of course, the scope will be completely off, but I suppose with a decent pair of mounts, two scopes could be swapped out as well. Just a thought. I know Curtis does not get much love here so that’s that.

Reactions: BassNbrass
This title reminds me of a really cool video you should google called "2 girls 1 cup"... I think you'll enjoy.
10,000 Terabytes of adult films and we had to pick that one…

I was about to say the Bergara B14R sounds like a great fit, but the price is not right. It’s like spending $40k on a Prius to save $3k in gas over the lifetime of the car. I like the idea of long range practice at short range, but the savings in ammunition is a driver as well. $1200 has an ROI for someone shooting every day I’m sure, but I’m not going pro competitive, it’s just my part time gig. I just want to get better. Maybe I’ll find something used.

• Haha
Reactions: Cody S and FuhQ
Exactly what I was looking for, thanks! I’ve eyeballed a few Tikkas in the past, didn’t realize they were sometimes interchangeable. Sounds like that’s a recent feature from the factory at least.

That’s also interesting. Haven’t seen a Bergara before to be honest.
Not all stocks will interchange with between the T1x and T3x.
KRG stocks wont work without some reasonable modifications.

Many stocks will fit though, just do your homework before committing.

I was about to say the Bergara B14R sounds like a great fit, but the price is not right. It’s like spending $40k on a Prius to save $3k in gas over the lifetime of the car. I like the idea of long range practice at short range, but the savings in ammunition is a driver as well. $1200 has an ROI for someone shooting every day I’m sure, but I’m not going pro competitive, it’s just my part time gig. I just want to get better. Maybe I’ll find something used.
Your math is not applicable. Not your fault, you just have no idea of the expense in $$$$ and time required to do what you are talking about. Match Rimfire ammo up here is $0.40 a shot. 6.5CM factory match ammo starts around $2.50/shot. Reloading setup and components plus time spent quickly hits $1K before you get 1 cartridge reloaded.
Just buy a Savage 64 in the generic MDT chassis and a case of CCI Standard Velocity ammo. Once that case of ammo is finished, decide on another hobby, or spend some $$$$.

Reactions: Cody S

My B14R (steel) was $950 at Scheels when I purchased it about 9 months ago.

Anyways, you could save some money and go with just the barreled action. Add your stock of choice and swap your 700 centerfire barreled action at will.

I don't think you know what you want yet.

Any of the Rem 700 based actions are going to be expensive because they're designed to shoot match ammo well. The Bergara is the budget 22, coming in at well under $1k for a barreled action.

It's also not just a cheap savage plinking rifle. You're comparing something that's minute of soda can at 50 yards with cheap ammo to something that will shoot 1 ragged hole with a lot of different match ammo.

I also think you've been away awhile ammo prices might just give you a heart attack. Reloading quality match ammo is more expensive than just buying it was 5 years ago.

Reactions: Cody S
I hate to be that guy but brother if you think a b14r is too expensive this is certainly the wrong hobby for you.
my rimfire is going to end up costing me around 5k when it's all said and done.
I built off a CZ457.
b14r seems like a better out of the box package in a lot of ways.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dead Eye Dick
I hate to be that guy but brother if you think a b14r is too expensive this is certainly the wrong hobby for you.
my rimfire is going to end up costing me around 5k when it's all said and done.
I built off a CZ457.
Considering, I choose the least expensive MPA chassis for my Vudoo, (The lightweight model due to need to keep the rifle light for bone and joint reasons) mine even cost more than yours. I was thinking of saving some cash and buying a B14r left hand for my son, and I am NOT a rich man.

It costs brother, if you can't swim, best stay out of the water.