Opinions on the F.A.S.T chassis

GunnyUSMC

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2022
SC
I am new to ELR. I am shooting a 300PRC with a Defiance RUCKUS LA, Bartlein 30" barrel sitting on a Foundation Genesis II Stock. In my most recent match, I saw a number of ELR shooters with a stock integrated with a carbon fiber bipod extender. While I love my Foundation stock (I have two), I am considering switching to a chassis for my ELR gun (for ELR Light). In my research, I see the F.A.S.T chassis by Accuracy Solutions is one option to consider.

I am wondering if anyone has feedback on the F.A.S.T chassis and if there are any other chassis to consider that have the integrated carbon fiber bipod extender.

I just got one and really like it so far. I screwed up and thought I was buying what was in the picture and that’s not what I got so be aware, the adjustable bag rider is an option. It’s an additional $500 if you don’t order it with the chassis.

I haven't used that chassis but the extended bipod does make a difference, here's what I did to test it out.
it's basically just a square tube with an Arca rail and clamp bolted to it. works really well and allows me to adjust fore and aft.
kind of a crappy pic. I can get a better picture if you like
375 RUM Rifle.jpg

Reactions: camocorvette
I haven't used that chassis but the extended bipod does make a difference, here's what I did to test it out.
it's basically just a square tube with an Arca rail and clamp bolted to it. works really well and allows me to adjust fore and aft.
kind of a crappy pic. I can get a better picture if you like

I created something similar and think i like the result. My problem is that I am currently just under the required weight for ELR Light without the rail and way over with it. I am hoping that an integrated chassis system like the F.A.S.T chassis would provide the benefits of an extended bipod mount while still meeting weight requirements.

I created something similar and think i like the result. My problem is that I am currently just under the required weight for ELR Light without the rail and way over with it. I am hoping that an integrated chassis system like the F.A.S.T chassis would provide the benefits of an extended bipod mount while still meeting weight requirements.
What are you running for barrel length and contour? I can sneak in just under 26 lbs and I went to a straight 1.25" my buddies got almost identical rifle in a foundation and I'm pretty sure it weighs 21lbs also. My bipod bit is just shy of 5lbs

What are you running for barrel length and contour? I can sneak in just under 26 lbs and I went to a straight 1.25" my buddies got almost identical rifle in a foundation and I'm pretty sure it weighs 21lbs also. My bipod bit is just shy of 5lbs

I am running a Defiance Machine Ruckus, 30" 300PRC with a Heavy Varmit contour. My scope is a Vortex Razor HD Gen III. A good piece of weight comes from the scope mount, which is a 0-70 MOA adjustable incline by Eratac.

What i did was remove the full length arca rail and attach a 1.5"x1.5" aluminum tube in its place and then reattach the arca rail to the far end of the square tube.

Below is what it looked like when i was done.

IMG_9378.jpeg

The configuration below without the bipod extender weighs just under 26lbs

IMG_9672.jpeg

I am running a Defiance Machine Ruckus, 30" 300PRC with a Heavy Varmit contour. My scope is a Vortex Razor HD Gen III. A good piece of weight comes from the scope mount, which is a 0-70 MOA adjustable incline by Eratac.

What i did was remove the full length arca rail and attach a 1.5"x1.5" aluminum tube in its place and then reattach the arca rail to the far end of the square tube.

Below is what it looked like when i was done.

View attachment 8458303

The configuration below without the bipod extender weighs just under 26lbs

View attachment 8458296
The scope is pretty chonky also I think. You've got a few pieces that are on the heavy side that add up. I don't know how much lighter a FAST chassis will be though. Pull ur barreled action out and weigh just the stock and extender, the FAST says it weighs 10 lbs ish

The scope is pretty chonky also I think. You've got a few pieces that are on the heavy side that add up. I don't know how much lighter a FAST chassis will be though. Pull ur barreled action out and weigh just the stock and extender, the FAST says it weighs 10 lbs ish

Good idea. I removed the action and weighed it separately. The action, barrel and scope weigh in at 12.2lbs.

If I can keep my chassis to 10lbs, that gives me room for my bipod and keep the entire system under 26lbs

Reactions: Taylorbok
Good idea. I removed the action and weighed it separately. The action, barrel and scope weigh in at 12.2lbs.

If I can keep my chassis to 10lbs, that gives me room for my bipod and keep the entire system under 26lb

If you are close on weight you should check out our new FAST Chassis Model thats 20% Lighter!

Let me know if your interested in one!

I am interested in a FAST chassis. I shoot ELR Light with a 300 PRC with 30" barrel.

My action is cut to feed rounds from a magazine, it is not a single-feed action.

Are all the BipodEX tubes the same size/diameter?

What do you recommend?

There are two sizes of FAST Chassis, a 1.5" and 2.0" Forend width, you would be wanting the smaller one for your 300prc as im sure it weights under 26lbs. We offer options cut for mag or single shot so you are covered! For the best pricing and options direct message me with your contact info, what action you are using, and I can provide pricing! (I cant provide my pricing publicly)

-Trent

I just got one and really like it so far. I screwed up and thought I was buying what was in the picture and that’s not what I got so be aware, the adjustable bag rider is an option. It’s an additional $500 if you don’t order it with the chassis.

I have everything in my cart and am on the verge of completing the deal. However, i have not been able to get a response yet from Accuracy Solutions on one question in particular and an overally review of my order before completing it.

Does the chassis have an integrated Arca Rail of can an Arca rail be attached?

Based on your experience, my cart includes the chassis, cheek piece, bag rider and pistol grip. Am I missing anything?

Thanks

The rail is integrated. It sounds like you have it all like I would if I could do it again. I’m actually really happy with mine as it is though. I shot it in a local 600 match and had 5 shots inside 1.3” before my cheap lab jack fell apart for my rear bag. I’m actually thinking of purchasing a barrel for some local 6-1000 f-class as the 300 prc just wouldn’t take the heat . It is a bit slow to get setup and making level but I’m getting pretty good at it. It does help to spot shots and reduce recoil as advertised at least in my opinion. This is my 3rd, 300 prc so just basing off mine. I didn’t weigh the chassis by itself but it’s definitely heavy. Mines 20.6 lbs with a vortex 6x36 and a 26 varmint. Here’s a 5 shot group at 200 meters

Attachments

• IMG_2543.jpeg
    IMG_2543.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 17
The rail is integrated. It sounds like you have it all like I would if I could do it again. I’m actually really happy with mine as it is though.

Thanks... gonna order mine today

There is an ELR match in NC during second week in Oct that I want to attend with the 300PRC in the new chassis.

Great group btw...

Reactions: nealm66
When I called them it seemed like a second party answered and when they couldn’t answer my question ( I don’t remember what that was) they transferred me to a guy who I’m guessing was the owner just because of the way he answered my questions I got the impression he was very knowledgeable

I think elr is where it belongs but I’ve been shooting mine like a BB gun. Here’s shooting at a rock at 1202 yards while fire forming

Attachments

• IMG_2466.jpeg
    IMG_2466.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: MO Fugga
Thanks... gonna order mine today

There is an ELR match in NC during second week in Oct that I want to attend with the 300PRC in the new chassis.

Great group btw...
Which match is that? I know about the one at Black Bear end of october, but wasn't aware of one in NC middle of October. I'm in western NC so always looking for more elr opportunities close by.

The rail is integrated. It sounds like you have it all like I would if I could do it again.

Did i understand correctly that you ordered the bag rider as well? If so, i have a big favor to ask... can you tell me the length/height/width(or thickness) of the bag rider?

I need that for the bag I plan to have a custom bag made

Thanks!

Which match is that? I know about the one at Black Bear end of october, but wasn't aware of one in NC middle of October. I'm in western NC so always looking for more elr opportunities close by.

My first ELR was with the Black Bear Shooting Club in March (Unholy Alliance) and i am planning to go to the one in Oct (Poke the Bear) as well. Actually, I heard the one normally scheduled for end of October might get pushed back to around Nov 9th.

As for the NC match, I found it on Practiscore.

Colemans Creek Training Center October 12, 2024 ELR MatchColemans Creek
open
Match starts: October 12, 2024 @ 7:00 AM · Match ends: October 12, 2024 @ 5:00 PM

Ellerbe, North Carolina 28338

This event entails a solo rifle competition but you will be allowed a spotter to help correct if you choose. in which participants will engage seven steel targets positioned at distances ranging from 600 yards to 1750 yards, all from a prone shooting position. Each shooter will be allocated 30 rounds and afforded a time limit of 15 minutes to maximize their impact count. It is imperative for shooters to engage targets in a sequence from nearest to farthest, ensuring each target is impacted twice before proceeding to the subsequent target. The competition will be divided into two distinct categories: Heavy, for rifles weighing between 40 and 26 pounds, and Light, encompassing rifles weighing 25 pounds or less.

View Squadding

Long Range Rifle match,

Price:
$100.00

I didn’t order the bag rider. I thought it came with one because of the picture that was associated with the model I ordered. It’s an extra $250 if you don’t order it when you make the chassis purchase. What cartridge and weight class were you planning on for the Coleman creek competition?

After reading your initial poist I realized the the chassis wasnt actually a complete chassis unless you included the other necessary elements (cheek rest, bag rider, pistol grip) as accessories. thanks for that.

For the Coleman Creek competition, i am planning on using my 300PRC in the light class.

My first ELR was with the Black Bear Shooting Club in March (Unholy Alliance) and i am planning to go to the one in Oct (Poke the Bear) as well. Actually, I heard the one normally scheduled for end of October might get pushed back to around Nov 9th.

As for the NC match, I found it on Practiscore.

Colemans Creek Training Center October 12, 2024 ELR MatchColemans Creek
open
Match starts: October 12, 2024 @ 7:00 AM · Match ends: October 12, 2024 @ 5:00 PM

Ellerbe, North Carolina 28338

This event entails a solo rifle competition but you will be allowed a spotter to help correct if you choose. in which participants will engage seven steel targets positioned at distances ranging from 600 yards to 1750 yards, all from a prone shooting position. Each shooter will be allocated 30 rounds and afforded a time limit of 15 minutes to maximize their impact count. It is imperative for shooters to engage targets in a sequence from nearest to farthest, ensuring each target is impacted twice before proceeding to the subsequent target. The competition will be divided into two distinct categories: Heavy, for rifles weighing between 40 and 26 pounds, and Light, encompassing rifles weighing 25 pounds or less.

View Squadding

Long Range Rifle match,

Price:
$100.00
Oh right, I knew about that one, I'm a member at Coleman's. If I can get my light gun put back together I'll come to that one. Hope they don't push ptb, can't attend that weekend.

Can anyone on this thread direct me to the registration link / website for the Poke the Bear ELR match scheduled for end of October, 2024?
The Black Bear SC site has nothing nor the ELR website. Running out of sources to search.

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone on this thread direct me to the registration link / website for the Poke the Bear ELR match scheduled for end of October, 2024?
The Black Bear SC site has nothing nor the ELR website. Running out of sources to search.

Thanks in advance.
I found light class on Practiscore. can't find anything for heavy. Maybe they haven't created the event yet.
Registration isn't open yet.

I found light class on Practiscore. can't find anything for heavy. Maybe they haven't created the event yet.
Registration isn't open yet.

Taylor, thanks very much. I've typed in "Poke the Bear" on Practiscore previously and no result so I guess it was looking for the exact spelling/title. If I can get in, I'll definitely be in " Extra light" class with my 260 REM. I have shot at this location before, so I'm not unfamiliar with it.

Regards,

Reactions: Taylorbok