• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Opinions on the TRX-925 Scale from Creedmoor Sports

champ198

Private
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2010
So after some looking I think my old Balance Beam scale from RCBS is not accurate.
I have been doing some checking and have noticed that when i level the scale to get a zero I can run some weights through it then check it again and its off.

So this leads me to think that a lot of what I have been trying to do is not accurate.
So I am looking to get a new digital scale to make things easier.

The one I am looking at now is the TRX-925 by Creedmoor Sports.
From some of the online videos it looks to be fairly simple, comes with calibration weights and I like the ability to go to .01 for the accuracy of charge weights.
I was hoping some of you here that have used this scale could give some opinions on how you like it.
I know there are some other higher end scales out there now, but the TRX-925 is more in my budget than some of the others.

It may not be "right" but I bet it was consistent.
And thats what rally matters, its why they say to start low and work up, doesnt matter what you "do" regardless of what unit of measurement you use, so long as you build up to it safely.

How many rounds per month are you loading?
Seeing as you dont want to go full on autotrickler system I would suggest looking into a chargemaster that throws powder for me to the tenth before I looked into a lab balance that was manual dispense to the hundredth if I was shooting more than 100 a month and not retiree with plenty of down time.

After two years of use I really like my TRX-925 scale. Allows me to meter powder charge to the 0.01 grain.
A "must have" when measuring N570 powder, although to achieve targeted charge +/- 0.01 grain with N570 requires using tweezers and razor knife to trim individual kernels to target weight

I have one. Actually have two due to an order screwup... But anyway it works well.

I don't have an auto trickier and just use my Lee Deluxe Perfect powder measure to throw charges and trickle up to my target charge.

Mine will drift a bit if I leave the little plastic breeze shield off and the central air is running. But it's manageable.

I do let it warm up a bit before use. Usually turn it on and let it sit an hour or two while I prep brass or do other things. Then I use the check weights to calibrate it. That seems to give the most consistent results.

Like I said, my setup isn't as fast as a system with an auto trickler would be... But it's fast enough and consistent enough for my process.

Mike

balance beam scale can be very accurate, but it is pain in the ass to get it there and keep it consistent. it can be very frustrating if you weight to 1 kernel.

in one interview of erik cortina with some guest, it says that creedmoor TRX-925 is the cheapest scale he would buy and he would have confidence in it.
it is worse than standard A&D 120x and take longer to stabilize, but it is good enough for accurate reloading.

Reactions: Rocketvapor
I bought a new TRX-925 about 6 months ago and use it regularly. I do like the .01 gr readout but my scale seems to 'float'. After calibrating I zero out the pan weight, approx 132.05 gr. When the pan is removed I've witnessed the readout vary somewhere between 132.02 - 132.09 gr. It doesn't happen rapidly but does 'float' around. I've tried different rooms in the house but get the same results. Creedmoor has said to put the empty pan back on the scale and push Tare, but that's a bit time consuming. Creedmoor did say they would replace it if the problem continued, will probably go that route.
On a positive note I've seen really low ES/SD numbers when doing load development, never been that low with previous scales.

Tare is to avoid contamination being a problem.
Its not just drift you need to worry about.

Main calibration of a balance's zero point needs a check weight,
typically 100g or whatever is recommended by the OEM