• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Ops inc adapter/ extension

806guns

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2020
Texas
I have a sps tactical 223 18" 5/8x24 threaded barrel and want to run a ops inc type can eventually. What's the best route for this? D. Wilson MFG doesnt do this contour anymore.

What is the diameter of your barrel at the muzzle? I'm curious since I didn't know the 223 sps tactical came in 18"

I had good luck contouring a .92 bull barrel for my aem5 at a local gunsmith

Yes. I worked with Ron Allen on one in '06. He made a couple for other people too. He eventually asked for it back because they were destroying silencers. The system is not designed, or intended, for an extension. The best way to adapt your gun for an OPS/AE can is to have your barrel machined for a collar.

Reactions: Charger442
Yes. I worked with Ron Allen on one in '06. He made a couple for other people too. He eventually asked for it back because they were destroying silencers. The system is not designed, or intended, for an extension. The best way to adapt your gun for an OPS/AE can is to have your barrel machined for a collar.
Im guessing alignment issues with the barrel threads to the adpater ?

Im guessing alignment issues with the barrel threads to the adpater ?
Yes. The same holds true for thread adapters and extensions for all silencers. Blowing out the end of your irreplaceable silencer doesn't sound appealing.

I've had SPR/Bug Holes cut barrels with OPS profiles too. Adco doing an adapter is cheaper but a Bart from SPR is better.

ive never thought of using anything like that.

I'm getting a few barrels profiled without a collar

I dont have enough meat on the barrel for this style contour. I would have to do the spr contour with the collar.
1000009150.jpg

Whatever you do have it done right if it's an accurate barrel that you care about. I messed with shims/press fits for a un-contoured barrel and collar combo and was getting erratic groups, I believe the suppressor was slightly wobbling.