• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Optic for Sig716

SoulSkinner

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2018
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am troubling myself with the question which scope I should use for my Sig716 (.308 Win) since ages.
When I ordered the 1-8x pseudo tactical Falke scope (see my improvised review here in the forum) I thought that's the best all-can-do thing for me.
But it was not usable.

So here I am, looking for some advice and new ideas.

• What is the platform for the scope?
    Semi auto rifle; 16" Barrel; = SIG716 Patrol
  • What cartridge are you shooting?
    .308 Win
  • What is your intended use for the scope? (Examples: PRS, Benchrest, Hunting, Target, Steel, etc. or any combination thereof)
    Verteilung_jpg.jpg

*600 Yard: may variy accodring ot my skills and possibilities)
    • What type of conditions will you typically shoot in? (Examples: Daylight, Lowlight, Nighttime, etc. or any combination thereof)
      90% daylight; 10% dusk/dawn
    • What are the typical distances you intend to shoot? (Examples: 1000+ yds, 600-1,000 yds, 300-600 yds, 100-300 yds, under 100 yds)
      see above
    • Are there any specific specifications you would like? (Examples: FFP/SFP, 30mm tube, 50mm objective, focus below 50 yds, low turrets, mil or moa, weight, etc.)
      I love mil/mil;
      FFP is prefered;
      good illumination of reticle: I would like to have the possibility to see the illuminated reticle on a sunlit paper target.
    • What is the price range you can afford? (Examples: Under $500, $500-$1000, $1000-$1500, etc.)
      round about 1500$ (the prices in Europe will be much different anyway)
A fixed power scope could be possible, too. If you think it will fullfill my requirements.
Another thing I should mention: for "real" Long range and precision shooting I use my bolt action rifle in 6.5 creedmoor and for hunting most of the time my .308 bolt action rifle.

Thanks in advance!

From hearing various European shooters speak about pricing, it seems Euro brands are cheaper over there? If that's the case stick with Euro brands: Steiner, Meopta, S&B. At 600 m and under, I think even meh glass can do adequately. You have to throw out a few sample prices on various common scopes (Razor GII, PM II, Steiner T or M, etc).

From hearing various European shooters speak about pricing, it seems Euro brands are cheaper over there? If that's the case stick with Euro brands: Steiner, Meopta, S&B. At 600 m and under, I think even meh glass can do adequately. You have to throw out a few sample prices on various common scopes (Razor GII, PM II, Steiner T or M, etc).

Thanks for your answer!
I am definitly need to look for euro optics, but alot of foreign optics are available here as well, to a reasonable price.
Even if I get a suggestion for an US-only scope, i can at least look for a substitute here.
Beeing a big fan of IOR scopes (which are cheaper in Europe the in the USA) I thought of taking one of theirs. But none is deliverable in the next 6 month (at least!).
Still there would be the question: which? 1-6? 3-12? 2,5-10? fix 5?