Optimum scope power

KOPFJÄGER13

If people were half as good as they think..
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2018
Assuming the scope ya choose for ELR has the perfect turrets, resolution, moa etc. ....what is everyones opinion on power, is more power or lower power preferred.....whats your preference and why?

Hi,

That is really a question with no single answer; as the magnification is normally dictated by the environment..specifically the mirage.
On cool environments with open terrain you will choose a different magnification than on a hot arid environment with crowded terrain.
If I adjust my magnification without paying attention to the settings and then look at settings it typically ends up around the 22-23 power mark for my normal shooting environments.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Reactions: badassgunworks
Hi,

That is really a question with no single answer; as the magnification is normally dictated by the environment..specifically the mirage.
On cool environments with open terrain you will choose a different magnification than on a hot arid environment with crowded terrain.
If I adjust my magnification without paying attention to the settings and then look at settings it typically ends up around the 22-23 power mark for my normal shooting environments.

Sincerely,
Theis
I have yet to find a need over 30 power clarity, moa and a wide variable powder range is needed for reading wind threw mirage over the span of flight is more critical so is a good sensitive paralex is important . remembering that your shooting moa not paper . hell a good shooter with a good spotter can do well up to 3000 yards with a 18 power scope so the power is the least important in my view