• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Options for balancing rifle.

AustinWojo

Private
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2024
Wisconsin
Looking for advice on companies that offer weights for the stock end of a rifle, building off of falkor defense css chassis, with a 26” pva proof comp barrel. Was thinking its gonna be pretty front heavy and was wondering the best way to try and balance it out better. Not looking to do any competitions this is strictly just a personal rifle for fun.

Full build list:
Terminus Zeus
PVA proof comb barrel
TT diamond 2 stage trigger
Falkor defense css chassis
Still haven’t decided on scope
Still haven’t decided on bipod
Chambered in 308

My personal experience has been most rifles tend to be rear heavy. Is there a reason you think it will be front heavy? Might be best to wait until it's put together before you find out you might actually need forend weights.
I was just thinking with the skeletonized stock and chassis, and the length and thickness of the barrel it would be front heavy, but i will wait until its fully assembled before purchasing weights, it is my first build so i was just assuming without actually knowing.

Reactions: HMRamateur
I was just thinking with the skeletonized stock and chassis, and the length and thickness of the barrel it would be front heavy, but i will wait until its fully assembled before purchasing weights, it is my first build so i was just assuming without actually knowing.
the thing it the normal desired Balance point is actually about 3-5 inches forward of the mag well to make barricade and bipod shooting less stressful. That puts the action behind the fulcrum, hence the tail heavy rifle.