Ordering Mullerworks barrel

Has anyone here ever ordered a 22lr barrel direct from mullerworks?
I don't think they do that, which is unfortunate because that's how I prefer to do it.
consider calling up bugholes, that's my plan next week and see what they can order. I'm real picky as well, if I'm spending that kind of money it'll be cut rifled and I can't find those in stock.
if they accept your order let us know

Last edited:
I don't think they do that, which is unfortunate because that's how I prefer to do it.
consider calling up bugholes, that's my plan next week and see what they can order. I'm real picky as well, if I'm spending that kind of money it'll be cut rifled and I can't find those in stock.
if they accept your order let us know
Mullerworks 22 rimfires are button barrels, you mentioned you are "real picky". Picky as in how the barrel is made or picky as in accuracy?

Last edited:
"MullerWorks sells barrels to rifle system manufacturers and qualified gunsmiths plus a limited number of distributers.

Manufacturer and qualified gunsmith orders are accepted via email: [email protected]. Gunsmiths must provide a legible copy of your current Federal Firearms License (FFL) if we do not have already on file.

For individual sales, our two primary distributers are Greg Young at Southern Precision Rifles for centerfire and rimfire barrel order (bugholes.com) and Paul Tolvstad at Lakeside Barrels, who handles rimfire barrel orders exclusively (you can connect with him on Facebook at MullerWorks Rimfire Rifle Barrels or send an email to [email protected])."

Seems exceedingly clear to me

Reactions: Rimfireshooter99
"MullerWorks sells barrels to rifle system manufacturers and qualified gunsmiths plus a limited number of distributers.

Manufacturer and qualified gunsmith orders are accepted via email: [email protected]. Gunsmiths must provide a legible copy of your current Federal Firearms License (FFL) if we do not have already on file.

For individual sales, our two primary distributers are Greg Young at Southern Precision Rifles for centerfire and rimfire barrel order (bugholes.com) and Paul Tolvstad at Lakeside Barrels, who handles rimfire barrel orders exclusively (you can connect with him on Facebook at MullerWorks Rimfire Rifle Barrels or send an email to [email protected])."

Seems exceedingly clear to me
Wyatt’s post here makes it less than clear. Nowhere does he say his post is directed solely to gunsmiths, distributors, etc.

I’d say a call would answer the question definitively. 👍🏻

Mullerworks 22 rimfires are button barrels, you mentioned you are "real picky". Picky as in how the barrel is made or picky as in accuracy?
shoots and cleans. but I've been thinking about it more and talking to the range guys. they love mullerworks rimfire barrels, I've just never had a great button centerfire barrel be as forgiving and consistent as a great cut rifled during load dev and the price seems to be the same either way.

Reactions: David Lott
shoots and cleans. but I've been thinking about it more and talking to the range guys. they love mullerworks rimfire barrels, I've just never had a great button centerfire barrel be as forgiving and consistent as a great cut rifled during load dev and the price seems to be the same either way.
Not sure how much you know about rimfire barrels, but the best of the best in the accuracy game (BR) all use button rifled barrels by Muller or Shilen for the most part. There are a few Benchmarks, Harts, etc in use, but the vast majority (90%+) use a button rifled barrel. Comparing CF to rimfire in almost any form is a quick way to get frustrated.

Not sure how much you know about rimfire barrels, but the best of the best in the accuracy game (BR) all use button rifled barrels by Muller or Shilen for the most part. There are a few Benchmarks, Harts, etc in use, but the vast majority (90%+) use a button rifled barrel. Comparing CF to rimfire in almost any form is a quick way to get frustrated.
fair enough about comparisons but I've heard a lot of good things about krieger 22lr barrels, which I'm thinking are cut rifled. I informed MW of my particular repeater and long range use with match lead bullets.
they said it's all personal preference, same price.
cut rifled 4 groove for me.

fair enough about comparisons but I've heard a lot of good things about krieger 22lr barrels, which I'm thinking are cut rifled. I informed them of my particular repeater and long range use with match lead bullets.
they said it's all personal preference, same price.
cut rifled 4 groove for me.
I didn't bother mentioning anything about dimensions or lapping, I know precious little about rf, this is my first gucci rf barrel.
Kreiger makes a fine 22 rimfire barrel, I am sure you will be happy with one but keep in mind the barrel is only as good as the machine work.

Last edited:
Reactions: LR1845
Kreiger makes a fine 22 rimfire barrel, I am sure you will be happy with one but keep in my the barrel is only as good as the machine work.
no sir, I'm talking about a mullerworks barrel that I just ordered, I was just comparing the cut rifling process to krieger as I'm thinking it's similar.
I ordered a cut rifled mullerworks 4 groove 22 rf barrel 13 twist 24 " 1.2 diameter for a long range cz 457 build.
you are right about the smith, important to choose the right person with experience.

Last edited:
no sir, I'm talking about a mullerworks barrel that I just ordered, I was just comparing the cut rifling process to krieger as I'm thinking it's similar.
I ordered a cut rifled mullerworks 4 groove 22 rf barrel 13 twist 24 " 1.15 diameter for a long range cz 457 build.
you are right about the smith, important to choose the right person with experience.
Gotcha, I don't have any experience with MullerWorks rimfire cut barrels but Have had great success with the button barrels. I'm sure it will work out great for you.

Reactions: Cody S