• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

paint balls at 1000?

Re: paint balls at 1000?

bullshitbutton.jpg

I'd like to see him get those results even at 300 yards.

Where the hell is my bullshit flag when I need it?

like a case of paintballs or single paintballs?

I'd like to see the scope he had that can see a single paintball at over half a mile.

And considering paintball are just slightly over .5 inches hes looking at 1/20th MOA acccuracy 75% of the time.

I'd like to see him do that at 100 Yards consistently. Given bench rest guys can do it with a really great rifle and great conditions but still your talking .05 MOA at 100 yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: h.b.h.l.r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i had i guy tell me he shoots paint balls at 1000 yards with 75% hit rate. i dont think so. </div></div>

He is either full of shit, or he is high on crack that he doesn't know his head from his ass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: h.b.h.l.r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i had i guy tell me he shoots paint balls at 1000 yards with 75% hit rate. i dont think so. </div></div>

He is either full of shit, or he is high on crack that he doesn't know his head from his ass. </div></div>

Yup. I'll bet he'd shy away from a wager with money involved, suggest you would bet him $100 that he couldn't hit 3 out of 10 paintballs at 1000yds and watch him start backpedaling.

i doubt a paintball could even physically make it to 200 yards.

edit: when i first read the original post, i though he was claiming to shoot a paintball gun to 1k. sorry, and or my bad.
grin.gif

not that hitting a target the size of a paintball at 1k with a 75% hit ratio is anymore likely.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a guy tell me he caught a leprecan who had a golden counter sniper scope on a airsoft gun and he could flip it to auto and have all shots in the same hole at 1 mile </div></div>

Pissin' Pete?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a guy tell me he caught a leprecan who had a golden counter sniper scope on a airsoft gun and he could flip it to auto and have all shots in the same hole at 1 mile </div></div>

Pissin' Pete? </div></div>

but thats still classified

Just reading this, it seems that some readers think you are saying he is shooting a paint ball gun at 1000 yards. You are saying the paintballs are targets being shot with a rifle right?

I would say he is more than full of shit. We shoot a match here in the spring that the target is a paintball on a golf tee at 200 yards. Trust me, he's full of shit. To make it more exciting we have a buy in money match where you get 2 shots to hit one egg at 500 yards and it only has about a 30-40% success rate. Ask him to put his money where his mouth is, bet he want.

I throw darts in a league, this last Wednesday night one of the players on the opposing team told me his father could put 10 shots consistently into about an inch at a 1,000 yards. I started laughing and thanked for telling me such funny story. I think it really Pissed Him Off.

Nervous

If you get enough splatter you can have a 4-5 foot blast area. That may help with breaking the paintballs.

Is he from washington? This may be worth the drive to make this bet. Say $5000 and he only has to make 50% hits. We hang the balls on a board at 1000yards. He picks the range. Say 20 balls. Gives him enough shoots to get an excellent zero and pickup his average after mising the first 19. You think he will take the bet?
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: h.b.h.l.r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i doubt a paintball could even physically make it to 200 yards. </div></div>

good one </div></div>
I can shoot my paintball gun over 1200 yards into other paint balls and watch as the two explode into each other. Some practice with a .22 to make their skills better, I use a paintball gun and a 5th of whiskey just like the guy who shoots them off the golf tees!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triple 6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would say he is more than full of shit. We shoot a match here in the spring that the target is a paintball on a golf tee at 200 yards. Trust me, he's full of shit. To make it more exciting we have a buy in money match where you get 2 shots to hit one egg at 500 yards and it only has about a 30-40% success rate. Ask him to put his money where his mouth is, bet he want. </div></div>

eggs at 500 is fun and my buddies and i have done it. 75% hit rate even on eggs at 500 is very tough

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: h.b.h.l.r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triple 6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would say he is more than full of shit. We shoot a match here in the spring that the target is a paintball on a golf tee at 200 yards. Trust me, he's full of shit. To make it more exciting we have a buy in money match where you get 2 shots to hit one egg at 500 yards and it only has about a 30-40% success rate. Ask him to put his money where his mouth is, bet he want. </div></div>

eggs at 500 is fun and my buddies and i have done it. 75% hit rate even on eggs at 500 is very tough </div></div>

75% hit rate at 500 yd on eggs, ha ha. i've seen this tried at the hickory groundhog shoot, alot of the people had 20+ pound benchrest rifles and there wasn't even %25 percent of the people hit the egg at 500 yd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sl78928</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: h.b.h.l.r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triple 6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would say he is more than full of shit. We shoot a match here in the spring that the target is a paintball on a golf tee at 200 yards. Trust me, he's full of shit. To make it more exciting we have a buy in money match where you get 2 shots to hit one egg at 500 yards and it only has about a 30-40% success rate. Ask him to put his money where his mouth is, bet he want. </div></div>

eggs at 500 is fun and my buddies and i have done it. 75% hit rate even on eggs at 500 is very tough </div></div>

75% hit rate at 500 yd on eggs, ha ha. i've seen this tried at the hickory groundhog shoot, alot of the people had 20+ pound benchrest rifles and there wasn't even %25 percent of the people hit the egg at 500 yd </div></div>

my buddy has video on youtube shooting at eggs at 500 and 580 yards from 2 years ago when we first got into longrange shooting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yDhGj2Uiyg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sl78928</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: h.b.h.l.r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triple 6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would say he is more than full of shit. We shoot a match here in the spring that the target is a paintball on a golf tee at 200 yards. Trust me, he's full of shit. To make it more exciting we have a buy in money match where you get 2 shots to hit one egg at 500 yards and it only has about a 30-40% success rate. Ask him to put his money where his mouth is, bet he want. </div></div>

75% hit rate at 500 yd on eggs, ha ha. i've seen this tried at the hickory groundhog shoot, alot of the people had 20+ pound benchrest rifles and there wasn't even %25 percent of the people hit the egg at 500 yd </div></div>
What kind of gear were you using? Not that the gear is the only factor in the equation. Out of 5 attemps i hit once, and I consider myself a pretty good shot.

when we first started it was 308 that my buddies used. i had a browning 7mm mag, it was really hard to shoot eggs with it maybe 1 out of 10. my buddies started out with 308's using fixed 10 power scopes. bushnell 3200 and supersniper.
with all of the research they do they quickly went to different calibers.
now one shoots a 6.5-284 and the other has a 7wsm and a 243.
once the dope is figured one of them has hit more than 10 in a row at 588 with the 243.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bighouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just reading this, it seems that some readers think you are saying he is shooting a paint ball gun at 1000 yards. You are saying the paintballs are targets being shot with a rifle right? </div></div>

correct off of golf tees.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: h.b.h.l.r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">paint balls on golf tees is what he told me ,swear. </div></div>

i call bullshit
maybe hes thinking 100 feet
a paint ball @1,000 yards is more like a scudd

I call BS on this one. With all the practice our Team guys get, we have shot some nice groups at 1000 yards (yes, they are only 4-5 round groups, so not statistically useful so much). We do all of our load testing early in the AM before the winds/mirage start building. The best groups I've ever shot hover around 3 inches (2.75", 3.25", etc.), that's not tight enough (by a long shot) to hit a .66" paintball with 75% success rate from there. Even the 1000 yard benchrest guys, who are shooting National Record 3" groups (real 10 shot groups) wouldn't be at 75%, *maybe* 25% if they are having a good day.

I must be doing it wrong...

I can only hit them at 100yd, and only about 1/3 of the time...

Fun, though; talk about your genuine reactive target!

Greg

With all joking aside paint balls are great targets for closer ranges. I use the left over balls that have hardened from cold or just not being used for a while. I have not tried anything past 200 yards. With that said I can throw my knife into one at 1000 yards blindfolded.

A lot of 1000 Yard Benchrest Clubs that don't have pits use clay pigeons to check zeros before going to target. Once a good shooter is on, it's not out of the question to hit on 3 out of 5 tries with a custom rifle off a concrete bench and good conditions, using a 30 caliber magnum derivative or 6.5 magnum derivative.

Paintballs, however are another story. The average paintball is 0.6" in diameter, subtending roughly 1/20th moa at 1000 yards. Crosshairs of even 1/8 moa would totally obscure the paintball from the shooter's vision, making accurate target acquistion impossible. A 75% hit rate would almost imply divine intervention, or at least a "luck factor" that would necessitate an immediate trip to Vegas...

what a complete tosser tell him he is full of shit and make sure he is in front of a lot of people and if he wants to prove that he is correct say you have a range set up with people there to pay him to prove it. That should shut the wanker up. Mabe he has been watching to much TV.
I would bet he would have never shot long range ask what c`alibre he is shooting and the ammo? then ask how many moa it takes for him to make 1000 yards i will be he says he just aims at them does not need to do anything with his scope because he zero'd it at 100 yards the day before.

I know who my brother (hbhlr) is talking about and he is a respected member of the shooting community. Im wondering if the guy was joking because before he made that comment my brother told him about us shooting eggs at 588yds. (Lucas has the record of 14eggs in a row at 588yds, man i wish i had his 243!)

I wonder if the guy thought you were BSing Jason and was just trying to 1 up you?

As far as the eggs go, the 500yd X ring on an F-class target is about the size of an egg (maybe a little smaller). When the wind is good you send them down range as quick as possible, same stratedgy for eggs. F-class shooter's know you occasionally get that good string of X's but it's the exception not the rule. We have had some real good conditions shooting eggs. We usually go out before first light and set up so we are shooting in ideal conditions, it is alot of fun!

Here I thought someone was trying to shoot a paintball TO 1000 yards..

I have a friend who got in some trouble a fe years ago, can't own a firearm but has an air compressor, PVC pipe and an endless supply of gumballs.

THOSE will fly about 1000 yards, no accuracy tho LOL

"As far as the eggs go, the 500yd X ring on an F-class target is about the size of an egg (maybe a little smaller)."

The X ring of all F-Class official targets is one half MOA regardless of distance. That makes your 500 yard X ring a little over 2.5 inches. Maybe out your way you shoot ostrich eggs instead of chicken eggs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NineHotel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"As far as the eggs go, the 500yd X ring on an F-class target is about the size of an egg (maybe a little smaller)."

The X ring of all F-Class official targets is one half MOA regardless of distance. That makes your 500 yard X ring a little over 2.5 inches. Maybe our your way you shoot ostrich eggs instead of chicken eggs. </div></div>

Well it looks smaller than 2.5"
grin.gif

As for the Ostrich eggs, thats absurd!

F-class matches are shot usually around 9am in my area. At 6am the wind conditions are MUCH better. I have documented F-class scores. I have shot an 8x string before, thats with a bipod and a rear bag. You dont think that chicken eggs are possible? Then you have probably never shot an F-class match. In the woods you can shoot in a favorable condition without waiting for your targets to be pulled. But whatever, your on to me, i paint watermellons white and shoot them so everyone will think im cool.
crazy.gif