Painted the MK12 Mod 0

eboggs

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2009
Ohio, USA
Will take better pictures when it fully dries and I can get it out in the natural light, but figured I'd post anyway. Base color is spray can Aervoe field drab and striped with Aervoe olive drab. Figured I'd keep it simple and when it starts to wear the black with help break it up even more. Still debating if I need a can for it ;)

SPECS:
PRI complete upper (1/7 Douglas)
ARMS 22 medium rings
Vortex PST GEN II 3-10
Brownells A1 lower (NoDak forging, completed by aero precision)
Geissele SSA-E
A1 Buttstock
ERGO grip

Last edited:
Awesome.

The only rifle I still covet.

Been holding back because my brain says I have to get a Colt lower.

But really why does that matter as the selector will only have two positions.

Is the Brownells A1 lower nice?

Awesome.

Yes the Brownells lower is nice, I'm very happy with it. I was going to get a NoDak A1 lower but their wait time is ridiculous (I've had several in the past). I too thought about getting a Colt lower, but really wanted an A1 profile, and like the NoDak, the Brownells lower has room to have it engraved if you want. Brownells advises their lowers are NoDak forgings and are finished by Aero Precision which Imo, have established themselves as a quality company as well...at least in regards to their lowers/uppers.

My pri mod 0 got to my FFL today. Just snatched up a new old stock ts30a2 from a local store and just need a set of #22's ( good this feels wrong but clones a clone). They are awesome guns.

Will take better pictures when it fully dries and I can get it out in the natural light, but figured I'd post anyway. Base color is spray can Aervoe field drab and striped with Aervoe olive drab. Figured I'd keep it simple and when it starts to wear the black with help break it up even more. Still debating if I need a can for it ;)

SPECS:
PRI complete upper (1/7 Douglas)
ARMS 22 medium rings
Vortex PST GEN II 3-10
Brownells A1 lower (NoDak forging, completed by aero precision)
Geissele SSA-E
A1 Buttstock
ERGO grip

Of course you need the suppressor!

Rifle turned out great.

May wish to go back through and check and/or loctite all the screws. My PRI Mod 0 upper shot great but pretty much everything but the barrel nut rattled loose in the first 500 rounds.

Awesome.

I've thought about getting the brownells lower. My mod 0 is on a rra lower and it just doesn't suit.