• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

PERSEUS Precision Rifle/Underground Skunkworks

BlackOps Tech

Still The Head Skunk
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
This is the PERSEUS Precision Rifle from Underground Skunkworks. I'm doing these primarily for LE Builds but have a few civilian builds coming up. The specs are:

Underground Skunkworks Model 911 Action (feeds from AICS and AW Mags)
Underground Skunkworks 20 MOA Rail
Underground Skunkworks Precision Ground Recoil Lug
Underground Skunkworks Enhanced Heavy Duty DBM
Underground Skunkworks Precision Pillars
Underground Skunkworks Oversized Bolt Knob
Timney Trigger with Narrowed and Recontoured Shoe
Manners MCS-T4A
Bartlein Tight Bore Barrel, 22", Threaded for TacOps Suppressor with TacOps Cap
Chambered in .308 Win with Skunkworks Reamer
Badger Ordnance Embedded Front Rail
Atlas Rail
Atlas Bipod
Finished in Cerakote MilSpec OD

1zqdevd.jpg

24e9l06.jpg

5d5443.jpg

6dv2pl.jpg

2eoxswj.jpg

syqvlx.jpg

2u6zp1h.jpg

2ryizhu.jpg

24e9l06.jpg

Re: PERSEUS Precision Rifle/Underground Skunkworks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GunGuru727</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This turns me on.</div></div>
That's perfectly normal, man.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EdMP3006</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That looks pretty tight Mike, is the Jaeger gonna look similar to the PERSEUS? </div></div>

Thanks Ed....The JAEGER is the Long Action version of the PERSEUS. Same configuration with a longer barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd buy one for sure! Will you offer the Jaeger in 338 Lapua? </div></div>

According to the website, the Jaeger is offered in 338LM. And like you, I think I'll be making a phone call when I get back home next week to place an order. Now I just need to figure out color. Ha-Ha!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kink87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great looking rifle!! </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lovain1932</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great looking rifle Mike </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bth87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dude you are makin some awesome lookin rifles... amazing work! </div></div>

Thanks Guys....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cactusbrew</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd buy one for sure! Will you offer the Jaeger in 338 Lapua? </div></div>

According to the website, the Jaeger is offered in 338LM. And like you, I think I'll be making a phone call when I get back home next week to place an order. Now I just need to figure out color. Ha-Ha! </div></div>

The JAEGER will be available in .300WM and .338LM, but as of last week there are two new chamberings (one .300 and one .338) that are ballistically superior to the WM and comparable to the LM....The most attractive aspects are a shorter cartridge and half the price....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Tucker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another great lookin rifle Mike. Can't wait to see a Kukri posted on here. </div></div>

Thanks Dan....I'm working on a few of those this week....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cactusbrew</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd buy one for sure! Will you offer the Jaeger in 338 Lapua? </div></div>

According to the website, the Jaeger is offered in 338LM. And like you, I think I'll be making a phone call when I get back home next week to place an order. Now I just need to figure out color. Ha-Ha! </div></div>

The JAEGER will be available in .300WM and .338LM, but as of last week there are two new chamberings (one .300 and one .338) that are ballistically superior to the WM and comparable to the LM....The most attractive aspects are a shorter cartridge and half the price.... </div></div>

What exactly would the two new chamberings be?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cactusbrew</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunkworks</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cactusbrew</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd buy one for sure! Will you offer the Jaeger in 338 Lapua? </div></div>

The JAEGER will be available in .300WM and .338LM, but as of last week there are two new chamberings (one .300 and one .338) that are ballistically superior to the WM and comparable to the LM....The most attractive aspects are a shorter cartridge and half the price.... </div></div>

What exactly would the two new chamberings be? </div></div>

I can't divulge that info just yet....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brutas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

You're really startin' to fill up my watched topics list.

Another nice one. </div></div>

Thanks Brian....I'll be in touch with you guys again soon....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice piece of machinery Mike. Like I said before - you're on fire lately!! </div></div>

Thanks PIC and yours will be the same with the exception of the 18" barrel. I can change finish colors if you want, but we have a little time if you want to think about the colors....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome rifle. Great work. </div></div>

Thanks Chris. I'll be available today via e-mail and phone if you want to discuss the PM's....

man you are really coming out with some nice stuff. that fit on the tang area of the stock is the best i can recall seeing anywhere. i just kept looking at that photo. very nice rifle and superb attention to detail. congrats

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EdMP3006</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No prob, was just curious... </div></div>

After giving it a little thought, why not? If I'm asked to mark the chambering in the metric equivalent, consider it done....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">man you are really coming out with some nice stuff. that fit on the tang area of the stock is the best i can recall seeing anywhere. i just kept looking at that photo. very nice rifle and superb attention to detail. congrats </div></div>

Thanks Axe, much appreciated....Let me know if I can ever help you with anything....

Wow I gotta hand it to you, AXE sure as hell wasn't kidding about that rear tang area, and that mag release inside the trigger guard is frickin sweet, I've seen some articles on your guns before Mike, but these pictures do it a lot more justice than the ones in the articles. The attention to detail is just amazing. Much respect to you and your work Mike!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snipedogg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow I gotta hand it to you, AXE sure as hell wasn't kidding about that rear tang area, and that mag release inside the trigger guard is frickin sweet, I've seen some articles on your guns before Mike, but these pictures do it a lot more justice than the ones in the articles. The attention to detail is just amazing. Much respect to you and your work Mike! </div></div>

Thanks Snipe, I appreciate the recognition and regard fit and finish to be highly important in everything we do. Thanks again and let me know if I can ever help you with anything.

Thanks Mike for talking to me last week and helping with all my questions on my first tactical build. You build a fantastic rifle from everything I have read on this website about you. I will be in touch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Mike for talking to me last week and helping with all my questions on my first tactical build. You build a fantastic rifle from everything I have read on this website about you. I will be in touch.

</div></div>

Thanks Shar and no problem....Call anytime....I have a few more articles coming out soon and will have a couple more packages finished to post up....Let me know if you have any additional questions....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EdMP3006</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike, just sent you an email </div></div>

Ed,
Just got it and sent you a reply. Try me today if you can, otherwise, give me a call on Friday.

1zqdevd.jpg

I shot one of these today, exactly as pictured. All I can say is Wow
cry.gif
what a rifle. Smooth as it is beautiful, solid as a rock, and a pleasure to shoot. The finish work was outstanding, like a swiss watch so to speak. Someday. . . . . . . . . . . .

Glad you liked it....I received a very good report from the writer that shot in the match. The body of his e-mail reads:

<span style="font-style: italic">Mike,

The Perseus managed the impossible, making a gun writer look like a legitimate shooter. Attached is an 8.5 x 11" target sheet where the object was a three shot group and then to put shots into hostage takers and not hostages. After scoring this round, I drew the interest of several shooters, some of whom I later fire a few rounds.

Out to 900, it performed extraordinarily well.

Should have a draft of the story done within a week or so. </span>

The target he was referring to:

50hb2d.jpg

Thanks ColdBore for the report....