• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

(pic) HUGE new best at 200 yards

SmallBoreSnipers

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2009
Troy, NY
I just figured to hold the rifle differently than I was. The bipod does no good for absorbing recoil, so I was pretty firm on the forarm of the stock and pulled it down a little too. This may have been my only problem. Results were the same at 100 yards. 10 rounds within an inch, which is my usual. However, check out 200!!

Target2_200.jpg

Before, I wasn't bothering to shoot at 200 anymore cause my best group was like 10" or some crap like that. This was also a used target. I covered up the holes from whoever else used it with pasters. If anyone can't read the text it says:

10 rounds
200 yards
2.24"

I'm very pleased.
smile.gif

Re: HUGE new best at 200 yards (pic)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice shooting. I'm glad to see I'm not the only tightwad who reuses shoot n see targets that way! </div></div>

Actually it was someone else's target that was already hanging. I used the pasters to cover their holes and got a free target out of it. Apparently I am a better shot haha. But I do patch them up once in a while.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SmallBoreSnipers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks! Used my Marlin 917vr .17hmr. </div></div>

I'm pretty good, but I'm not <span style="font-style: italic">that</span> good haha.

I opened this assuming it was a .22lr and just sat here staring at your target in wonder for several minutes before I scrolled down to read the .17hmr part. Still, awesome shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cartman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I opened this assuming it was a .22lr and just sat here staring at your target in wonder for several minutes before I scrolled down to read the .17hmr part. Still, awesome shooting. </div></div>

Sorry to let you down lol, but thanks for the compliment. (Even though the real Cartman would have naver gave one haha.)
wink.gif

Sorry to bump but...Damn! SO close to a new best today. 10 round group was 2.41" at 200. It was a windy day today too so I even sighted for the breeze. I'd stop and wait between larger gusts though. There were two punches where if either one of them were closer I'd have a new best right now.

Nice work mate thats a pretty sweet result

you have to love the 17hmr rounds, they are so awesome out to 200m !

A mate of mine has made some pretty awesome hits on small critters out to 200m using my savage. You can barely even see them through the scope at that distance but they still go down
laugh.gif

In limited testing with SK Match, mine looks like 3" or so @ 200yd. Douglas barreled , 18" AR from Compass Lake.
I'm hoping for a calm day to play again @ 200. At 50yd, sub 1/2" is easy.