• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Picked up a S&W M&P 15-22

7mmRM

Minuteman
Jul 2, 2004
Celestine, Indiana
Picked one of these up the other day thinking it would be a fun plinker. I was right. The damn thing is insanely fun.

It also shoots very well. I had many 1" or less groups @ 50yrds. Thats with a shit trigger and the Millet zoom dot. Id say with a decent trigger and a small scope it would do a bit better or a least be more consistant.

Fit and finnish is excellent. IMO, this is a very well thought out 22. Nice to be able to put standard AR15 stuff on it. Makes for a very nice trainer rifle. Eventually it will be a clone of my M&P 15T.

Function-
I have a little over 500 round on it now. No cleaning what so ever. I did have a few hiccups... All of which I can blame on ammo. DUD ammo. Not a single FTE/E.

All in all Im happy with it. May scoop me up a small low powered scope and do some squrriel hunting with it.
PDOG09023.jpg

Re: Picked up a S&W M&P 15-22

7mmRM, which parts are polymer, which aluminum or steel?
How the barrel is attached to the receiver?
Is the barrel monolithic or it is sleeved like the Colt/Umarex one?

The upper, lower, quad rail are polymer. Im not exactly sure how the bbl is attached- yet. In the next few weeks its comming apart to get threaded. The bbl is NOT sleeved like the Colt/Umarex. IMO, this is a much better unit than the Colt. (A bud has one, Ive not been at all impressed.) Also, IMO this rifle is light years better GSG-5 I had.

How does that polymer feel? Solid?
Also, is the trigger "workable" in any way? I'm guessing it's not AR15 compatible, is it?

The rifle feels great. No complaints what so ever.

The trigger is standard AR15 fire control! I have a RRA 2stage trigger sitting at home- I just havent had the time to drop it in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The trigger is standard AR15 fire control! I have a RRA 2stage trigger sitting at home- I just havent had the time to drop it in. </div></div>
Nice!

I feel the same way about mine. I am also thinking about either a RRA 2 stage trigger or a Gieselle SSA trigger. I put a burris 2-7 scope on my S&W. They are a blast to shoot and pretty accurate as accurate as either of the Spike's uppers I had. Made better than the Colt for sure.