• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Picking a new bipod

tropicallrg

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2020
I am on the hunt for a bipod for my rifle its a 700 chambered in 308 with an AICS installed.

I have narrowed it down to 4 potential choices, of which ill be getting two. One for this and one to use with my 338LM.
Looking for any input, pros, cons, anything really.
Will be doing short and long range shooting. the reason ill be buying two is for versatility, swapping between rifles.

Any info is much appreciated

These are my choices
Accu-Tac
Joypod
Phoenix Precision
Mystic Mpod

accutac.jpg
joy pod.jpg
mystic.jpg
phoenix.jpg
aics.jpg

Reactions: DDoug
Yeah - most of is don't shoot straight off a bench or prone without another positions.

Grab on you like the looks of and be happy with it. We shouldn't validate your choice.

i was more or less looking for people that have had experience with some of these.

if i lived where i wanted to i probably wouldnt either, but submarines have a hard time getting to utah, wyoming, and montana. haha

i was more or less looking for people that have had experience with some of these.

if i lived where i wanted to i probably wouldnt either, but submarines have a hard time getting to utah, wyoming, and montana. haha
Transfer to Bangor.
lots of shooting opportunities in Washington/Oregon.

Hit up the F Class section for people with experience with those bipods.

I’d also look at the Elite Iron options.
BE208619-D5B8-4E16-87C9-B90EB7A1BF82.jpeg

Last edited:
i think im reading too much into that, what ? lol
sled feet like those bipods you listed are meant to be shot from a completely flat surface with a bunny ear rear bag. they are typically used with very minimal input on the rifle and track perfectly straight back. F class style. laying prone on a known distance target straight in front of you

Atlas bipods (super adjustable, strong as fuck, basically the standard) are meant to be used on basically every other surface. rocks dirt snow wood. you load the bipod and have much more influence on the rifle. normally used with a sand sock or similar rear bag. not shooting at targets that are directly in front of you.

we're not trying to tell you that you cant buy any of those. we're trying to save you some money and headache.

a lot of us have shot off of those type of bipods. I've use a phoenix. and it does exactly what it is supposed to. but I would never in a million years take it to a PRS match or to anything but an NRA type range.

i might refine my two choices though to a CAL/Super Cal and an MDT/Ckye pod just to have a little more variety

Reactions: Steel head
sled feet like those bipods you listed are meant to be shot from a completely flat surface with a bunny ear rear bag. they are typically used with very minimal input on the rifle and track perfectly straight back. F class style. laying prone on a known distance target straight in front of you

Atlas bipods (super adjustable, strong as fuck, basically the standard) are meant to be used on basically every other surface. rocks dirt snow wood. you load the bipod and have much more influence on the rifle. normally used with a sand sock or similar rear bag. not shooting at targets that are directly in front of you.

we're not trying to tell you that you cant buy any of those. we're trying to save you some money and headache.

a lot of us have shot off of those type of bipods. I've use a phoenix. and it does exactly what it is supposed to. but I would never in a million years take it to a PRS match or to anything but an NRA type range.

i might refine my two choices though to a CAL/Super Cal and an MDT/Ckye pod just to have a little more variety
alright, hear me out. what about one of these atlas bipods and a phoenix, best of both?

Reactions: X53Gunner
Dude, it's your money.

Unless you have a rig that will benefit a phoenix, it will not work better than any other sturdy bipod.

Pick up a SCAL first and then see if you want another bipod. Phoenix bipods are great for what they are intended for. Listen to @b6graham man.

alright, hear me out. what about one of these atlas bipods and a phoenix, best of both?
I would get a CAL or SCAL first and try to play with a phoenix before buying one. they are used very differently than An atlas or other 'tactical' bipod and are, for the most part, limiting.

you can also get ski feet for the SCAL but they're not super popular unless you're on deep snow probs