• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Pizza place gives free if u order in spanish!

Re: Pizza place gives free if u order in spanish!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Spade 13</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Discrimination.

Sue the bastards. </div></div>

It's only discrimination when it's against a minority obviously.

To be honest I look at it a little differently. It is a private business. They should be able to sell pizza in pig latin if they want. It should be the consumer that makes the decision with their pocketbooks if they stay profitable. I just would not go there. As for the government it should be English only because I pay for it and it is required to become a citizen last time I checked. Right?

22.gif

They yanked the hot-linked care-o-meter but I don't care.

Haha I would have walked out with a free pizza. =P Come on guys you are making a stink over a none issue here. Like...really? Ya'll gonna throw a tantrum over the fact an establishment is taking orders in Spanish? Must be the fact English should be the only spoken language right?
Ok I'm going to relate an experience I had in Mexico. Even though I'm not very popular around here. =P Anyhow I was down South visiting family and they took me out to this place called San Miguel....I believe in Guanajuato. Anyhow the thing about this place is there are alot of American who go there with 30K and retire. Kinda like the Beverly Hills if you were to make a comparison. As consiquence of this trend though is that the locals of this area speak both English and Spanish.
You can wake up in the morning and pick your choice of Enlgish or Spanish Newspaper. I didn't see to many people there throwing a fit about Americans speaking English in their country.
Anyway...point being stop being an glorifying the "I would rather be ignorant instead of educate myself" ideology. If you are in an area where there is a large population of Latinos who speak Spanish. Then learn their language. If you are in an area where they speak Japanese then learn Japanese. It pays to be bilingual. It, however, doesn't pay to be an ignorant fuck. =P Hay maybe that skill could save your life. Or get you a nice job with a bonus because you speak more than one language. =)
You know...when I read and learn about Rome. I look at how one of their greatest assest in expanding their territory was to spread the Roman ideology to diffrent culters, and assimulate them into society. I can attest to at least one Mexican, who so happens to be a small business owner in Cali, that is now a owner, and recreational shooter of firearms. Now if I can repreat that several times over to other peoples.....what would be the outcome do you think?
You do more good by being helpful, understanding, and friendly than by being an obnoxious bigot. =P My advice is to spread Americanism in anyway possible. Just my two cents.

Luis =O

<span style="font-size: 17pt"><span style="font-style: italic">Key-yeah-row / ooh-nah / Pete-saw / cone / Sal-Cheech-ah / pour / favor</span></span>
<span style="font-size: 8pt">{Translation: I want a pizza with pepperoni, please.)</span>

Repitan, clase ...