PLASTIC RELOADING TRAYS WITH DRAIN HOLES

Edsel

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2013
IMG_3286.jpeg

I absolutely love these things.

They’re really just cheap plastic cartridge trays for pistol rounds, and they come in two sizes.

You can buy them in bulk online, or save them from being discarded with the ammunition boxes they came with.

1. They’re plastic
2. They’re light
3. They’re waterproof
4. There are holes at the bottom
5. They’re perfect for .380 ACP, 9mm, .357 Magnum, .44 Magnum, .45 ACP, .223 Remington, .308 Winchester.
6. .40 S&W and 10mm Auto tend to get stuck in the holes once in a while, because of near - identical diameters, but no biggie.

I get to use them for:

1. Drying brass subjected to wet cleaning - ultrasonic or stainless pin tumbling
2. Cleaning entire cases or PRIMER POCKETS ONLY in the ultrasonic cleaner should I choose to do so
3. So many other things

NOW…

I need something of this sort for .300 Winchester Magnum / .300 Norma Magnum /. 338 Lapua Magnum.

Talk about fat - bottomed girls! They won’t fit!

Emphasis on plastic, and holes at the bottom.

I couldn’t find any such thing online!

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6MT
Thanks.

I’m really considering getting one…
I use a service called "3D Genie". They'll print whatever I design or just find on one of the many free sites. For example, this gem: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3271113

3D Genie is based in Canada, and I'm sure there will be many similar services in the US. I found 3D Genie on Etsy. Don't need to own a 3D printer that would sit unused most of the time, and would require significant investment in time and knowledge to setup.

It's a new world :)

Reactions: Edsel
I use a service called "3D Genie". They'll print whatever I design or just find on one of the many free sites. For example, this gem: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3271113

3D Genie is based in Canada, and I'm sure there will be many similar services in the US. I found 3D Genie on Etsy. Don't need to own a 3D printer that would sit unused most of the time, and would require significant investment in time and knowledge to setup.

It's a new world :)

What’re THE 3D File sites to go to, and what sortware needs to be learned?

I’m new to this.

I just got the red universal MTM trays, and used a hand drill to poke a hole in the bottoms, back when I was wet tumbling on the regular and before 3D printing was all that common. Yeah, it might look a little less than perfect - not every hole was perfectly centered - but enough nasty crap drains out of the cases over time that the bottom of the case holes ain't exactly pristine looking 🤷‍♂️