• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Please recommend a RPR replacement barrel

Ruger308

Private
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2017
Looking to convert my 308 RPR to a 6.5

Whats a good "bang for the buck" barrel? I am not a competition shooter and do not need the best of the best barrel that needs to be swapped every few hundred rounds.

What are you looking to do with it? If you plan on just target shooting I would stick with 308, very accurate, inexpensive, great barrel life and components are fairly plentiful. Bugholes is pretty inexpensive. Plus if you reload you already have the equipment needed. Which 6.5 are you referring to?

I am currently waiting on a barrel from PVA in 7mm-08. I should have it by the end of next week. My first replacement barrel for my RPR was from a large name maker, wasn't impressed. I have had great comms with them since the order of my barrel. It's currently at their stated wait time of 5-7 weeks. They just have to chamber it and ship it to me now. There has been a few threads of horror stories about PVA, however I am not one of those. All emails have been replied to within a few hours of sending them. Just can't wait to get it and start load development. 7mm-08 cheaper bullets if you reload and about the same life span of a 308 barrel but way better ballistics. Just my opinion though.