• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

POF lower What upper

Emilio

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2006
Burbank, CA
Ok, I have finally gotten around to getting a 308 AR lower. A friend gave me a POF lower. Having read a few threads I am very confused as to which upper to get. Can some one tell me what upper I can put on this lower? Will a DPMS or Armalite fit? Is it like the 556 lowere will they will all fit? Please help.

Re: POF lower What upper

Your friend gave you a lower? Great friend.

What better upper to use on a POF lower than a POF upper? Actually, any DPMS type upper will fit, but you need one of those sleeves sold by Cold War Shooters, for the pivot pin. Off the top of my head, that means DPMS, Fulton, Iron Ridge, etc. Armalite will not work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nihonjin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your friend gave you a lower? Great friend.

What better upper to use on a POF lower than a POF upper? Actually, any DPMS type upper will fit, but you need one of those sleeves sold by Cold War Shooters, for the pivot pin. Off the top of my head, that means DPMS, Fulton, Iron Ridge, etc. Armalite will not work. </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emilio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, I have finally gotten around to getting a 308 AR lower. A friend gave me a POF lower. Having read a few threads I am very confused as to which upper to get. Can some one tell me what upper I can put on this lower? Will a DPMS or Armalite fit? Is it like the 556 lowere will they will all fit? Please help. </div></div>

POF piston upper of course!!! I shot a POF 308 this weekend during a night stage.It was the softest shooting 308 I've ever shot!

Steve

DAMN!! With a friend like that...who needs any other friends!!
smile.gif

Seriously...great friend.

The POF is compatible with the DPMS-style lowers with the use of a pivot pin sleeve like Nihonjin suggested. HOWEVER...since you saved a good bit of money not having to buy a lower, I would spend what you saved and get a complete POF P-308 upper in whatever length best suits your needs.

I love my P-308 20" SPR!! It is an excellent setup and is sub-MOA capable (with the proper ammo and shooter of course)!

Check with Rainier Arms as a stocking dealer, as well as Class 3 Weapons.

http://www.rainierarms.com/

http://www.class3weapons.com/

I'd get a POF upper of your desired barrel length. I plan on getting a 20" .308 in the future to go with my 18" .223 POF, which I love.