• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

POF P308- Old and New

Re: POF P308- Old and New

My understanding, based on a visual analysis and no calculations, is that structurally the newer forends (with diagonal slots) are stronger than the older ones with the horizontal slots. I could be totally wrong, but what little I know about truss design suggests the newer one would take more weight before deforming.

The other difference in the current forends is between the H-MRR and the T-MRR. The H (Hunter/Sniper) doesn't have a place to attach a VFG unless you put it at the end where you might rather have a bipod. The T-MRR, (Tactical?) with the full length bottom rail, has a larger diameter forend as it includes the bottom rail. Then again, it gives you more flexibility in locating a VFG/light/etc.

I have an older T-MRR (horizontal slots) on my 308 and a newer one (angled slots) on my 5.56. I like the newer one better. For the 5.56 I didn't get the H-MRR because I wanted the option of mounting a VFG.