• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Precision Rifle Cleaning Kit - What are you using?

PotbellyVandal

Private
Minuteman
Supporter
Feb 3, 2024
Pacific NW
What are you using to clean your rifles? I am wanting to get a consensus of what people are keeping in their cleaning kit? Is it different for home vs range/travel? Let's not even begin the debate on how often to clean, just what rods, patches/pellets, brushes, cleaners, lubricants, tools etc do you think are mandatory in a proper kit to maintain your rifle?

Boretech rods bore tech rod guides cloth patches on my 308, 6.5 and 6, pellets on my 223s. Boretech eliminator and soak chamber using boretech carbon eliminator every other trip. Dryed it and oiled using ballistol.

Last edited:
Reactions: PotbellyVandal
Boretech cleaners and Dewey Rods with Pro-Shot patches and whoevers jags and nylon bore brush.

Not the same grade, but I also keep a Breakthrough universal cleaning kit in my pack. It's got a classic assembly type cleaning rod so not the ideal for precision guns, but man, it's got me out of a few binds hey.

boretech makes good products ime.
I go for whatever brand cotton patches are on sale.
I have an old Tipton carbon fiber rod I use.
I like undersized nylon brushes with patches to apply chemicals, and appropriately sized nylon brushes and patches to clean and dry at the end.

Last edited:
Patch out solvent, dewey brass rods, tipton ultra jag set, pro-shot bronze brushes and cotton patches, a variety of bore guides, cheap teslong bore scope, empty fruit juice bottle over the muzzle to catch the patches, splatter, and smell.

Hornady does a podcast series on cleaning BTW. I believe it is the best information I have ever heard on the subject. Those guys clean a lot of barrels.

Dewey rod, montana extreme brushs, c4 carbon remover, sweets 7.62 for copper, what ever patches wrapped around a worn out nylon brush or 1 size small. Isopropyl alcohol to dry and then lock ez and a dry patch. Pistol rod with a 45 cal brush wrapped with a patch to clean the chamber.
At the range I have a rod in my case and a bottle of C4 carbon remover just to start the process tell I get home.