• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Firearms Price X2 Drop 1957 Auto 5 Sweet 16

NFAJohn

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 7, 2018
East Bernard, Texas
Doing some vault clearing...

1957 FN Auto 5 Sweet 16
Choked full
95% mechanical condition (the original wooden plug is MIA so a cut down plastic one is in it) I hunted with it last teal season and a little first split when it was nice out, ran great.
85% cosmetic condition. There are dings and nicks, thin bluing on the muzzle and where the barrel rubs under recoil, overall very nice condition. It's a good shooter, not nice enough to not shoot, but not beat to crap either. Would be a good candidate for restoration if you wanted to go that way.

$1150 shipped conus and I'll toss in 93 rounds of boss 2 3/4" bismuth #5s (kill birds stoneeeeee dead)

I'll get a good 4k video of it tomorrow for those that are interested.

a5.jpg
16a.jpg

IMG_7121.jpg

I do have this posted on a local forum in Texas called 2Cool if you happen to see a duplicate.

Last edited:
What is the barrel choke?
I want to say full, but when I patterned it years ago it was pretty close to mod in my eyes. I'll check this evening when I get back to the house.

I've got 9 other Auto 5s and for the most part they are "full", but hunt more like a mod if that makes sense. I firmly believe the older fixed choke barrels outshoot the newer screw in style chokes as far as pattern density due to a longer length that choke is applied over. *autistic choke rant complete, my bad*