• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Primary Arms 3X magnifier

cookietheswede

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2010
Southgate, KY
Who has one and how do you like it? Thinking of getting one for my AR 300blk. I have an aimpoint T-1 on her now.

Just want a little extra insurance that I am not shooting a "spike" or "button" buck this hunting season. Buddy had it happen last year using a red dot. Most likely not going to use it for anything else, hence why I am going the cheap route.

I picked one up a while back when they were on sale for $99, figured why not. Got the American Defense swing mount for it. I think the build quality is very good but you can tell it's $100 optics. It certainly gets the job done but it ain't no Schott glass!! The swing mount gets it out of the way quick and if you want to loose the weight, the mount is also QD. Overall I really like it and would buy another if needed.

I ran it through a couple tough carbine classes and it took the beating without issues. A couple lessons learned though. I'm sure you already know, but the magnifier not only makes the target image larger, but also makes the red dot larger also. This may not be an issue for some, but my 4 MOA Aimpoint dot got real big at 300 and 400 yards. Also, when used in bad weather, it magnifies the rain drops on both optics lenses which essentially blurred things out. It was virtually un-useable a couple of times when the rain got bad. So, I just flipped it to the side and shot the straight Aimpoint.

Hope this helps.
CM