Rifle Scopes Primary Arms GLx 4.5x-27, or PST Gen II 5-25x, or Athlon Cronus BTR Gen2 4.5x-29

kentuckyMarksman

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Supporter
May 7, 2018
I recently bought a Vudoo 22lr, and I'm in the market for a scope for it. All my scopes are MRAD and FFP, and I have no intent of getting anything different. Most shooting will be between 50 and 100 yards, but occassionally shoot further (possibly out to 350 yards).

My normal go to scope is the Vortex PST Gen II 5-25. I would buy one of those, but it looks like the price has gone up some since I last purchased one, and honestly, I'd like something with a little better glass.

I'm also considering an Athlon Cronus BTR Gen2 4.5x-29 scope. I don't have any experience with Athlon optics, but have read that the glass is good on this model.

The last optic I'm considering is the Primary Arms GLx 4.5x-27, for $900, but I'm concerned the about the glass on this optic, and have no experience with Primary Arms optics, except for 1 of their red dot pistol sights.

Does anyone have experience with these 3 optics? Is there another optic I should be considering? Absolute max I'd spend is $1300 (I know if I went for the Athlon I'd be waiting for a sale or looking for a used one).

Having a couple Cronus G2's I couldn't be happier for the price of these. No plans on selling them until I find a better option at a similar price.

I also own a couple expensive scopes and don't find them a huge improvement over the G2 except for better image quality and certain features I wanted.

Last year I bought a flagship lightweight scope from another company that has the same retail cost as these G2's and I feel it's a full two steps down as far as being in the same league in quality as my G2's. G2 - The standouts are the turrets which are superb, having minimal lash, indicators line up well, very distinct feeling between clicks, and more tension required to turn them which feels solid and also helps them from not being turned by accident.

And no problems since I've owned them.