• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Problem with Zeiss Conquest

pkp254

Private
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2012
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
A little bit about me first. My name John. I'm a current medical student. Been lurking around here for a while, just prefer reading to posting as I don't have nearly the knowledge that some of you do on shooting. Being a student, I don't get to shoot as much as I would like, but I've been doing it as long as I can remember.

On to the problem. I bought a Stag Varminter this past summer and mounted a Zeiss Conquest (this one Zeiss Conquest 3-9x50 - Rapid Z 600 Reticle 5214809971 are on sale and free shipping. - EuroOptic.com) in an Armalite one piece mount. Got it from SWFA though. First time shooting it, sighted it in no problem but only had 50 rounds of ammo. Went back into the safe. Finally got to shoot it again this past weekend. First 5 shots out of it make a clover leaf. Excellent. Although it is 4" low and 2" right. No problem. I make the necessary adjustments and I'm no longer on paper. At this point I'm really confused. I bring it in to 25 yards to see what the problem is. It's now shooting way low and right (and yes, I moved the turrets the correct way). Back out to 100. I'm shooting 8" low now. Shot 3 shots to check for repeatability. They were all touching each other. I spun the elevation adjustment about 20 clicks hoping to get some adjustment out of it. To my surprise, I'm now about 2" low and 2" right. I decide to make small 2 click adjustments to walk it in. After the first adjustment, I'm now 4" low and 4" right. I shoot 3 more shots and they are all in the same area. At this point, I give up because I'm just wasting ammo messing with this thing.

I checked to make sure the mount was solid on the rifle and not moving. The scope is firmly secured in the rings, no movement there. I'm out of ideas and hoping that y'all could give some insight before I call Zeiss and complain. Sorry for the wall of text but I felt all the details given were necessary.

I had a leupold do something simular. Gently rap scope with a screw driver (10-12"). Then make adjustments,shoot, rap again, shoot. If changes stabil. Good to go until you feel like sending scope back for warrenty. Or, just call SWFA, and ask for help.(much simpler)

I had the same problem with a 4.5x14x50, I sent it to the zeiss repair shop received it back like 4 months later with a note. They sent it in for warranty and replaced the erector system. This was a brand new scope first time shooting on a 260 rem.

Jim